The Role: We are looking for a highly creative and experienced digital marketing leader to join our growing marketing team. In this hands-on role, you will be responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and managing the overall digital marketing strategy to exponentially drive brand awareness and generate leads.
This role is based in Chicago.
- Collaborate to plan and execute all web, SEO/SEM, database marketing, email, social media, and display advertising campaigns. Manage outside digital agency and resources.
- Identifies trends and insights and optimizes spend and performance based on the insights.
- Measures and reports performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assesses against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Manage, optimize and maintain mp.morningstar.com site in collaboration with marketing leadership, keeping best practicing in mind.
- Own marketing automation system, collaborating with segment and product marketers for optimal execution and adherence to best practices.
- Plan and manage our social media presence in collaboration with content, product, and segment marketing.
- Brainstorms new and creative growth strategies through digital marketing.
- Plans, executes, and measures experiments and conversion tests.
- Collaborates with internal teams to evolve digital properties, create landing pages and optimize user experience.
- Utilizes strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
- Identifies critical conversion points and drop off points and optimizes user funnels.
- Collaborates with agencies and other vendor partners.
- Evaluates emerging technologies.
- Provides thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Bachelor's in marketing or a related field
- Proven working experience in digital marketing, particularly within financial services
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Solid knowledge of website and marketing analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, etc.)
- Hands-on marketing automation experience. Eloqua certification preferred but equivalent experience with a similar platform will be given equal consideration.
- Proven ability to translate business goals & requirements into well-designed campaigns.
- Must be data-driven and understand how to translate marketing metrics into action.
- Meticulous attention to detail, process-improvement mindset.
- Creative eye for our brand and Morningstar voice.
- Ability to balance priorities across multiple projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity