Director, Digital Media
Yello’s talent acquisition software enables companies to humanize the candidate experience by providing unprecedented speed and transparency throughout the candidate journey. Founded in 2008, Yello supports hundreds of organizations globally by serving as a key strategic partner in optimizing recruiting operations and talent relationship management.
In 2017, Yello closed a series C funding round of $31 million and continues to grow quickly. We’re looking to hire people who believe nothing is impossible, love to learn and be curious, can be accountable for success, always enjoy the journey and will own their personality. If this is you, come grow your career with Yello.
About The Role
Yello is hiring a Director of Digital Marketing to lead the development and execution of our digital marketing strategy. You will develop, own and execute a cohesive strategy to drive measurable results through the use of SEO/SEM, paid social media, display, video and niche channels. Conversion optimization experience is critical. This is a hands-on role as we/you go about building our digital marketing team, so management experience, strategy and execution are critical to success.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Ensure all digital assets and social media presence are fully integrated and aligned with our brand and marketing initiatives
- Measure and report on the performance of all digital efforts and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs). Develop forecasting techniques to give guidance and isolate future gaps.
- Analyze web metrics and customer activity to identify the highest impact opportunities
- Find trends and patterns in large datasets and theorize ways to exploit those trends (within and across channels)
- Continuously run A/B and multivariate testing to improve conversion rates
- Partner with Sales, Product Marketing and other departments as necessary
- Oversee the execution of the holistic SEO strategy, in regard to keyword selection and utilization, content, site architecture and link-building
- Provide strategic roadmap, measurement plan, guidance and direction to drive results and performance
- Conduct research (backlinks, competitive, keyword, redirects, meta, etc.) and prioritize projects according to value
- Understand SEO opportunities within emerging technologies such social media, mobile search, video search, etc.
DIGITAL (PAID) MEDIA:
- Responsible for the development and execution of Yello’s paid digital strategy, including PPC / SEM, display, sponsorships, paid social and other niche / relevant channels
- Manage PPC keywords, oversight of ad copy, bid strategies, landing pages, etc.
- Find and test new platforms to grow our digital footprint
What We're Looking For
- Minimum of eight (8) years of progressive responsibility in digital marketing — including but not limited to website management, website analytics, paid search (PPC/SEM), social media, display, mobile, and optimization.
- Working knowledge of HTML, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, SEO optimization techniques, social media analytics
- Good familiarity with SEO tools including: http header check, keyword research, rankings, inbound / outboundlink research, PageRank checker, competitive analysis tools, code validation, Google Webmaster Tools, BrightEdge, etc.
- Must have a passion for data, trend analysis, spreadsheets, etc.
- Experience with CRMs is preferred, ideally Salesforce.com
- Bachelor's degree in digital marketing, marketing, business or related field.
We are the trailblazers in our space and we continually strive to learn and grow, but there is always time to celebrate a colleague's birthday or a recent success. We dress casually, have one of the best views in the city and the whole team sports Apple laptops. Our CEO Jason Weingarten and President Dan Bartfield always have their office doors open. And with opportunities for professional advancement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K match – Yello has you covered.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Yello reserves the right to assign or reassign the responsibilities and requirements to this job at any time