Director of Digital Media
The Director of Digital Media will provide strategic direction for the All Campus Digital Media team, providing in-depth knowledge and expertise of the paid search and paid social industry and demonstrated leadership capabilities. This position is ultimately responsible for the success of the digital media team, through the candidate’s ability to effectively manage client performance in specific digital media channels as well as develop new employee talent. The ideal candidate must be both strategic and hands-on, with excellent people management skills and a track record of producing demonstrated results in the paid search channel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Digital Media Management
- Responsible for paid digital media strategy across the All Campus client portfolio including paid search, paid social, display and any other platform-based online advertising.
- Formulate digital media strategy for All Campus clients and ensure recommendations and decisions are consistent with company’s strategic objectives.
- Assume lead role in digital media efforts with a full understanding of client accounts yet remain connected to the day-to-day operations to be able to assist if needed.
- Present paid search recommendations to internal management teams, keeping senior management up-to-date on opportunities and risks
- Responsible for elevating the paid search operational standards, implementing technologies, and facilitating the development and documentation of best practices for improving operational efficiencies within the paid search team
- Develop, manage, and monitor client service delivery expectations of the paid search team
- Attend client meetings as needed, interface as needed with executive level and middle management on client side during meetings and presentations
- Collaborates with client services and other teams to develop reports and presentations as needed for clients
- Directly responsible for development of paid search specialists and managers
- Assist in interviewing, hiring, training, developing, and evaluating team members
- Able to lead and nurture team growth through effective mentorship
- This position directly supervises Paid Search Associates, Specialists and Managers
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE an equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Bachelor’s with a focus in business, marketing, statistics, or math is preferred
- 5+ years of paid search experience, with significant client-facing and relationship management experience. Experience in education or another lead gen B2C industry is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years managing a team of employees with demonstrated ability to train new hires and act as a mentor
- Strong expertise in SEM and other paid channels (e.g., display, paid social)
- Strong ability to develop reports and presentations and experience communicating presentations and findings to internal management and external clients
- Exceptional competency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Google Analytics, Google AdWords.
- Excellent verbal and written skills and attention to detail
- Motivated self-starter who can work independently and balance multiple tasks