About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois operates the Illinois Lottery, a modern enterprise that truly benefits the people of Illinois. We place consumers and social responsibility at our core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. We are a progressive organization that is reinforcing the lottery’s rightful position as a force for good alongside the State of Illinois.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Lottery Solutions, a leading solutions and technology provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Lottery Solutions digital and data platforms, and services power some of the most innovative and fastest growing lotteries in the world including the Irish and UK National Lotteries, Loterie Romande (Switzerland), and the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
The Director of Digital Marketing will report to the Chief Commercial Officer and will be responsible for delivering Camelot Illinois digital acquisition and retention objectives and commercial targets.
This includes working with directly managing digital campaigns, working with our studio team on building out a library of digital marketing assets, and developing a comprehensive understanding of our digital ‘performance marketing’ strategy and execution.
Additionally, this individual will help us achieve the Illinois Lottery brand promise (“To be a Champion for the People of Illinois”) through successful execution of digital marketing.
- Oversee the performance marketing strategy on the behalf of the Illinois Lottery: organize campaign structures, paid media optimizations, email acquisition tools, budget allocation, and KPI's
- Work alongside the rest of the performance marketing team to understand test results, develop new segments, and improve KPIs - you feel comfortable working directly on campaigns when necessary
- Keep a detailed record of campaigns, and how they're driving our key business metrics such as LTV, CAC, expected spend across iLottery and our retail partners, etc
- Work with rest of the marketing and media team, digital team, product team, in-house studio and other stakeholders to create a great digital player experience and better understand/segment players
- Work with other marketing and digital leaders on email campaigns that drive high open rates, click-throughs, and a great player experience
- Build effective working relationships with agencies, vendors to accomplish internal goals
- Work directly with the internal studio/brand teams on finding copy and creative assets that fits our brand-voice and strategy, but that is also optimized for conversion
- 8+ yrs in a growth or performance marketing leadership position within a consumer-facing company
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit supported by a maturity and sensibility for a regulated environment
- Have courage in decision-making and appetite for a test, learn and move forward.
- Highly inquisitive and consumer-centric to lead a team with an e-commerce mindset, driven to meet and exceed performance targets
- Experience working with budgets of over $5M and outstanding record of performance
- Deeply data-driven and insights led, comfortable in spreadsheets, reporting dashboards, and G-Suite
- Can back budget requests up with numbers and heuristics
- Clear verbal and written communication/presentation skills - can communicate complicated ideas and specific concepts easily to a number of audiences
- Action-oriented, agile/flexible, focused, but curious
- A respect for the creative process and brand marketing - you see how brand stewardship aligns with your long-term performance goals and the good of the Illinois Lottery
Working For Camelot Illinois
We are a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology, and operations that is committed to powering possibilities--for our employees, our partners, and our consumers. With grit and determination we believe in doing not just the easy thing but the right thing. The Camelot values of do good, be accountable, stay connected, keep improving, and spark enthusiasm are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Do Good: We care about our communities, our stakeholders, and each other. We act with integrity & honesty, as a positive force for Illinois.
- Be Accountable: we drive results. And we continually strive to get those results more efficiently and effectively.
- Stay Connected: Being open, honest, and collaborative is what makes us, us. This is embodied in our messaging and communications and in how we treat each other.
- Keep Improving: We’re hungry to be better. We innovate and evolve our business, our teams, and ourselves, always with an eye on professional and personal growth.
- Spark Enthusiasm: We incorporate energy and laughter into every aspect of our work to create positive and entertaining experiences.
We want people who thrive in an autonomous, collaborative and results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling experience and meaningful work in an organization committed to growing its people. Learning & Development is a top priority, and we partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture that is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We offer a package of benefits and policies that competes with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles at work.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and support and encourage our partners to do the same.