Director of eCommerce Marketing
Browse the Aisles-
The Director of eCommerce Marketing is primarily responsible for driving revenue by generating –and converting –quality traffic and will oversee all new customer acquisition efforts for Peapod. This individual will play a leadership role in the development of our customer segmentation and targeting approach as well as will take ownership for formulating the strategy for and overseeing execution of campaigns across all channels utilized in new customer acquisition efforts including eMarketing (SEO, SEM, display, affiliate, retargeting), direct mail, print, OOH, radio and co-marketing efforts with CPG brands
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Drive efficient new customer acquisition to ensure we meet our Budget goals.
- Provide thought leadership and enable the local marketing teams to optimize their acquisition marketing budget across periods, channels and tactics.
- Work cross-functionally to optimize rigorous testing capabilities (A/B, multivariate, attribution analysis) across an integrated omnichannel marketing mix including offline and online channels.
- Develop, test and optimize messaging strategies across various customer segments/personas to move customers through the awareness, consideration and intent phases of the funnel.
- Develop a testing plan to continually improve online and offline tactics, creative messaging, landing page
optimization to increase traffic growth and conversion.
- While not directly responsible for managing the Peapod brand, the director will ensure all acquisition related marketing and communications programs differentiate and enhance the Peapod core brand across all customer touch-points and relevant channels (eMarketing, mass media, direct mail, etc.).
- Responsible for helping identify the highest potential prospects who offer the greatest LTV, appropriately allocating both online and offline marketing resources to capitalize on these segments and prospects.
- Lead development of dashboards relating to new customer KPIs and analytics needs to provide actionable insights.
- Determine how high potential Peapod prospects sit across the broader ADUSA omnichannel landscape and, working in close partnership with the Brand leads, identify biggest opportunities for joint acquisition efforts.
- Collaborate closely with Marketing, Finance, Development & DiPLA colleagues to improve forecasting efforts, better evaluate Marketing programs and assess new business opportunities as to the next ‘best in class’ marketing model for Peapod.
- Provide recommendations on important consumer and industry trends – and competitive – activities which
should inform online strategy and business decisions.
- Have a thorough understanding of all sources of customer data and partner with DiPLA to optimize how data is
effectively utilized across the broader organization including development of automated reports and prioritization of ad hoc requests.
- Ensure Marketing develops, maintains and utilizes an accurate attribution model and capabilities – evangelize
the use of this model to glean actionable insights.
- Develop and monitor performance of all Marketing activities against business goals and metrics, defining which channels and programs drive optimal CPA and LTV.
- Take ownership and lead the development of customer acquisition buying journeys.
- Build and maintain use cases, roadmaps and product feature documentation relating to acquisition needs; share vision and plans with stakeholders, resolve dependencies, and make prioritization decisions.
- Integrate usability studies, user research, market analysis, and internal customer feedback into product requirements to ensure products satisfy user needs as well as wants.
- Play a key role in the definition and delivery of agreed-to Budget goals with a specific focus on new customer KPI’s.
- Effectively own and manage Central Marketing budget ($500k) and partner with and provide strategic guidance
to Local Teams delivering best use of $11.5M marketing budget.
- Work closely with Local teams to incorporate local Brand marketing activities and spend into a single spending outlook.
- Responsible for team development by clearly articulating strategy and goals, establishing clear job expectations, managing to those expectations and providing ongoing coaching.
- Responsible for managing clear career development plans and supportive training programs to continue to build skills and experiences.
- Review and enhance, where necessary, all acquisition processes, measurements, information systems and analytics capabilities that are needed to enable the PDL eCommerce Acquisition Team to operate efficiently and effectively.
- Effectively collaborate and interact with all company functions as well as with external agency partners
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- 10+ years of experience in eCommerce Marketing
- 5+ years experience with performance multi-channel Marketing
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Experience with A/B testing and multi-variate optimization
- Deep experience with direct marketing campaign management and optimization
- Experience working with technical/Dev/UX teams to accomplish goals
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Adwords, affiliate and email marketing channels
- Excellent Excel skills (formulas, charts, pivot tables)
- SQL knowledge preferred
- Excellent project management skills, with ability to track and manage simultaneous projects and deliverables
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills – ability to translate complex data into a concise narrative with clear conclusions and action steps
- Strategic thinker who proactively envisions ‘what’s possible’ and can build an action plan to get there
- Ability to analyze data, identify trends, draw conclusions, and develop appropriate actionable recommendations
- Leadership presence; ability to influence and persuade senior executives.
- Strong manager with the ability to provide day to day coaching, direction and feedback as
require to course correct
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.