Director, Events and Experiences at Civis Analytics
What we do
Civis Analytics helps leading businesses, nonprofits, and government use data to identify, attract, and engage customers, constituents, and citizens. With a blend of proprietary data, technology and advisory services, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis helps organizations stop guessing and start using statistical proof to guide decisions. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
What we are looking for
The Events and Experiences Marketing Director will focus on creating meaningful events, convenings and experiences to build awareness among our target audiences and draw in leads to support our Sales efforts. This entails successfully planning, promoting, and tracking all aspects of Civis's Events and Experiences calendar and ensuring all are executed with precision and purpose. You will oversee the successful end-to-end execution of Civis events, coordinating distributed resources and managing vendors and contracts as needed. The ideal candidate is highly organized, a master multi-tasker, and loves getting a good deal. The Events and Experiences Marketing Director is an integral part of the Marketing team - working closely and cross-functionally with leaders and stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Strategically plan and manage national Events and Experiences; oversee the day-to-day planning and execution for all events;
- Leverage a portfolio of Events and Experiences, including conference footprints, meet-ups, lunch and learns, dinner series and virtual events to uniquely stand out and engage our target audiences;
- Partner with internal teams to identify and create new convening opportunities aligned with larger marketing and sales initiatives;
- Research, identify and negotiate all vendor contracts;
- Oversee and track event budgets, expenses, and ROI;
- Produce creative event promotion efforts and campaigns pre/post event.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and manage project deadlines and deliverables;
- Ability to frame and report metrics to assess event impact and ROI;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Passion for organizing events and logistics;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Extremely strong and demonstrable work ethic.
- 7-10 years of full-time marketing experience with proven results.
- Strives for continued learning opportunities to build upon craft;
- Ability to work quickly and independently with minimal oversight;
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced start-up environment;
- Ability to accept feedback and constructive critique positively;
- A Bachelor's degree in advertising, communications, marketing, or a related discipline is preferred, though candidates with relevant experience who hold other degrees will be considered.
Why Civis Analytics?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on continued learning, mentorship, and internal promotion
- Competitive benefits including flexible PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, as well as health, dental, and vision benefits
- Downtown open office environment near great restaurants and all public transportation options
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW