What We Do
Uptake helps industrial companies digitally transform with open, purpose-built software that delivers outcomes that matter. Built on a foundation of data science and machine learning, our vision is to create a world that always works — one where the machines and equipment we depend on daily don’t break, and industrial companies are once again the creators of economic growth and opportunity.
What you'll do:
The Director, Events will serve as a key member of the Marketing & Communications teams to strategically own and manage Uptake’s events strategy – both externally at trade shows/conferences throughout our target industries, as well as Uptake owned and branded events. Must be extremely organized and able to drive the Uptake brand strategy forward, while focusing on lead acquisition, thought leadership and content channels. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and thrive on self-motivation, flexibility and collaboration is required.
- Oversee Uptake’s events strategy, including external trade events/conferences, as well as Uptake owned and branded events, and partner events. Build and manage a growing Events team within Marketing and work with other departments across Uptake to ensure success and accomplish goals
- Research, identify and recommend top events within targeted industries to ensure Uptake’s brand and message are reaching our target audience. Manage all event logistics, including potential sponsorships, exhibits, attendance, lead goals, thought leadership position, etc.
- Work with Product and Integrated industry teams to ensure we are attending, communicating and demonstrating the right value to the right audience
- Work with Communications team to coordinate any speaking opportunities – including recommended opportunities and logistics of speakers once confirmed
- Work with CMO and internal teams to execute Uptake owned and branded events, including high level conferences, key customer events and dinners
- Establish clear success KPIs for individual events, as well as overall department goals and communicate with leadership regularly
- Manage the events budget. Must be able to track/measure spend tied to actual outcomes and sales qualified leads
- 8-10 years relevant work experience, preferably in marketing and event strategy/execution
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Extremely organized and superior attention to detail a must
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage complex projects, ability to work effectively with team members and senior executives under tight deadlines
- Ability to work up to 8 night/ weekend hours per week
- Creative thinker and executor – able to communicate Uptake’s brand and key value messages in an exciting, new way to draw attention and attract target audiences
- Excellent project management skills, including a proven ability to think through all aspects of the process, manage long-term projects and multi-task
- Driven self-starter with a passion for excellence
- Experience working directly with sales teams to translate product value to customers
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills a must
- Experience with B2B, Enterprise SaaS, technology or start-up companies a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or other related discipline
Why Work Here
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including [email protected], P[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.