Director, Industry Mkting, Zoro at Zoro
Role: Director of Industry Marketing
Location: Chicago, IL or Buffalo Grove, IL
ZORO is creating innovative digital solutions that are transforming the MRO Industry. We are looking for passionate, driven people who want to join a high energy, uber growth team.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Direct Marketing and Promotion Strategy and working closely with other members of the Marketing, eCommerce, Customer Experience and Product teams, the Director of Industry Marketing will lead our team of industry vertical marketing managers in the designing, developing, and delivery of innovative campaigns and programs to grow loyalty and share of wallet across all targeted industries.
- Through use of analytics and insights identify key industry verticals that represent opportunities for Zoro and fit our value proposition
- Serve as the expert in our target verticals; including understanding their unique challenges and how we can best address them
- Create messaging, sales tools, use cases and other marketing materials that speak directly to our target verticals in their respective languages
- Become the champion for specific needs of our target verticals and collaborate internally to ensure a competitive offering to address them
- Leverage our partners with a vertical focus or practices to amplify our reach into those verticals
- Collaborate on plans to produce high-quality vertical content for digital and direct marketing campaigns
- Work closely with product, content, creative, digital marketing, marketing operations, and partnership marketing teams to develop integrated marketing strategies and deliver programs that drive growth, retention and loyalty
- Collaborate with senior leaders in product, marketing, customer experience and finance to build alignment on strategies, plans, and impact across the organization
- Deliver results through high-impact marketing campaigns and programs and demonstrate consistent measurement at each stage of customer journey
- Drive acquisition, retention, and increased frequency and AOV for all Zoro customers in respective industries
- Analyze business trends, key metrics, and online customer experience and react as necessary to ensure financial KPI’s are being met or exceeded.
- BA in business, marketing, or equivalent
- MBA Preferred
- 5-7 years experience in B2B marketing
- 3+ years experience in vertical industry marketing
- Experience developing audience specific marketing programs
- Minimum of three (3) years supervisory or managerial experience.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem solving environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Loyalty marketing experience a plus.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.