Director of Marketing Analysis
Morningstar is committed to helping investors meet their financial goals. We provide independent research and tools that empower investor success across markets comprised of individual investors, financial advisors and financial product creators. Morningstar is looking for a Director of Marketing Analysis to oversee and grow our analytics strategy and practice, providing campaign reporting, customer segmentation, optimization of marketing channels, insights into product usage and adoption and advanced analytic modeling that drives our business forward through data-driven decisions. The ideal candidate understands the operational metrics that are important for the business and user experience and will serve a critical role transforming and maturing our analytics capabilities from reactive reporting to prescriptive analytics.
We are looking for a leader who can build solid relationships across marketing, product, sales and service and can translate a myriad of marketing metrics into digestible and actionable insights for key stakeholders, including executives. The ideal candidate will be empowered to manage, lead and develop others while also playing an active “hands-on” role in strategy and execution. This position reports to the Senior Director of Marketing Operations, and is being established to cover descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytical insights for both our B2C and B2B product lines.
The Director and his/her team will function as the center of excellence for Morningstar in developing best practices, guidelines and governance for campaign reporting, customer segmentation, content engagement KPIs, traditional and digital marketing, media mix optimization as well as advanced modeling toolsets. Working in concert with our Behavioral and Corporate Business Intelligence teams, the desired outcome is to develop an integrated, analytical marketing framework and supporting organization.
• Provide advanced marketing analytics across Morningstar that help management make the right investments to grow our business.
• Evolve and transform our analytics discipline from reporting and campaign management to predictive and transformative data-driven insights.
• Lead and govern data strategy efforts to ensure we are utilizing the right customer data and providing appropriate privacy safeguards.
• Lead multi-channel response attribution to optimize marketing channel investments.
• Work closely with our Behavioral Science team on ongoing experimentation to increase share of wallet and associated customer lifetime value, while reducing customer churn.
• Drive excellent practices and technical standards for establishing KPIs and goals for Marketing, developing information suites (Dashboards, reports, visualizations) fit for C-level consumption, and marketing campaign tracking and measurement
• Enable the business to make fact-based marketing decisions through the delivery of advanced analytics methods and related prospect and customer segmentation strategy, focusing on marketing investment optimization and opportunities to drive sustainable and profitable revenue growth.
• Build a talented team of individual contributors to scale your impact within the organization.
• Develop and improve multi-touch attribution models and frameworks to assign credit for traffic and conversions across a variety of Marketing channels and touchpoints.
• 10+ years of Marketing Analytics and advanced data modeling experience in a business environment.
• Proven people manager who can build and run a high-performing team.
• A track record of developing marketing analytics strategies and plans that drive revenue growth.
• Ability to take complex analytic solutions and be able to articulate/story-tell to enable actionable insights and operational decisions.
• Advanced knowledge of marketing in concert with fundamental analytical, statistical techniques, attribution results, forecasting, simulation and data optimization
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Comfort with changes in a fast-paced environment
• MBA or master’s degree in Marketing Analytics, Data Science or Computer Science preferred
• Experience in financial services/investing industry a plus.
• Technical expertise in data programming and statistical tools such as python, r, and SQL.
• Working knowledge of digital, marketing automation and CRM tools such as Salesforce, Eloqua, Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager.