Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Discover Financial Services is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in 190 countries and territories.
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for leading Acquisitions Marketing Analytics across various digital and direct mail channels to drive profitable account growth across all Discover credit card products and manage credit risk strategy for Pre-approved channels which include direct mail, email and digital affiliate channels. The candidate will also manage analytics for revenue generating fee programs for Discover. The candidate will be managing teams that develop channel centric marketing analytics, targeting optimization and credit strategy by leveraging cutting edge tools and techniques in collaboration with Marketing, Product Management, Finance and Operations to drive resilient growth of Discover Cards portfolio. The role will manage teams that are geographically diverse, lead and guide decision making on critical business components, such as marketing investment, product decisions, credit losses, receivables, and profit.
Drives thought leadership and instills a culture of rapid test and learn. Identifies business opportunities and leads the team to execute leveraging cross functional teams to support the business strategy.
- Leads the development of short- and long-term plans for Pre-approved channel based credit teams, aligning initiatives to drive business results.
- Manage Marketing analytics for Discover Card acquisitions across Direct Mail & Digital Affiliates and Refer a friend channels
- Develop analytical roadmap to help achieve Acquisitions marketing goals
- Develop analytical framework and conversion analytics to drive profitable growth of Card fee programs
- Create and institute a continuous improvement cycle across channels to drive growth leveraging new data and segmentation techniques
- Enable an analytical environment to drive speed to market through analytics
- Ensure effective process controls across marketing processes to ensure customers are fairly treated
- Ensures that effective processes and systems are in place to achieve results and people development
- Addresses escalated concerns and ensures resolution to address the root cause.
- Influences organizational culture and promotes "change" to enhance decision-making processes.
- Lead geographically diverse teams to drive sound strategies across credit risk, product analytics and rewards functions
- Coaches and develops technical, managerial, and leadership skills of direct reports. Acts as a role model for leadership behaviors.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Science, Business, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Analytics, Consulting, Financial Services, or related field
- 3+ years of managerial experience
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 10+ years of experience in Analytics, Consulting, Financial Services, or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.