Director of Marketing Communications at Elevate K-12
Who we are
Elevate K-12 is changing the way classrooms work through live, online, real-time instruction to K-12 schools. We bring live high-quality teaching through our platform to schools in zip codes that cannot find a high-quality teacher. Our few main focuses are to give students the highest quality instruction and access to classes they couldn’t have before, getting them ready for the world of the future; and to give instructors, especially women, work opportunities from home irrespective of their zip code. We are the new way to the classroom!
What we offer
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited PTO & 12 Company Paid Holidays
- Strong High-Performance Based Culture with High Growth Potential
- Team Focused Culture – Team Events, Outings, Happy Hours & Recognition
- Full Benefits – Medical, Dental & Vision / 401k Plan
- Our Team of Elevaters are: Problem Solvers, Passionate, Motivated, Thirsty for Knowledge & Mission Driven
What you will be doing
As Elevate K-12's Director of Marketing Communications, you will be responsible for the marketing communications, public relations and content strategy. This role will contribute to the organization’s strategic operations as well as supporting the business goals. You will oversee the marketing communications team and ensure the successful, robust implementation of activities such as content development and approval, creation of consistent messaging, planning and execution of PR initiatives, strategic communications with customers and partners, and creating digital, social and web communication strategies. You will oversee a world-class communications plan, directly managing communications activities that promote, enhance, and protect the organization’s brand reputation. The role is responsible for the planning, optimization, budgeting and execution of marketing communication and digital initiatives to drive customer engagement, increase brand reputation, and grow revenue. You'll also be a person who is passionate and willing to work as part of a high-performing marketing team. This position reports directly to the SVP of Marketing and requires extensive collaboration with the Demand Generation, Sales, Operations and Product teams.
We have an incredible mission, team and brand at Elevate K-12, and we’re getting better every day. We have achieved an extraordinary product/market fit and have entered an exponential growth stage of the company. If all of this sounds exciting to you – We want to hear from you!
- Lead and develop a team of marketing communications professionals. Own the oversight, development, and performance of the team.
- Create compelling content and thought leadership assets for all stages of the funnel
- Develop effective targeting, messaging and positioning, and communicate that messaging and positioning to internal and external audiences
- Identify opportunities for differentiation and provide thought leadership in the areas of product, routes to market, customer experience, and marketing strategy and tactics
- Collaborate with the demand generation team members to develop solution-specific marketing programs for our target audiences
- Create content, communication and reputation-specific KPIs
- Evaluate and adopt best practices and recommend improvements/enhancements to MarComms tactics.
- Coordinate all thought leadership development in coordination with the executive team, internal cross-functional stakeholders, and subject matter experts.
- Successfully translate insights into meaningful and compelling marketing briefs inclusive of comms strategy, tactics, channel messaging and campaign critical metrics
Who you Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or related field
- Minimum 6+ years experience in marketing, communications or related field
- Experience leading a marketing communications team, preferably with B2B tech experience
- Career success delivering results with a metrics-driven mindset and excelling in tracking marketing performance and associated spend down to granular details while providing roll-up reporting to senior management
- Must have experience managing agencies and coordinating with vendors and external industry partners
- Hands-on experience utilizing various MarTech, CRM tools (HubSpot, Marketo and Salesforce experience strongly preferred)
- Strong project management, planning and delivery with the ability to balance multiple projects at once
- Demonstrable success in strategic marketing disciplines and willingness to learn, try and suggest new and creative ideas
Elevate K-12 is tasked with an important mission: change the way K-12 classrooms and teaching work. Our organization is a radically open-minded company that is scaling fast. We are a team focused on high performance, dynamism and embodying a collaborative culture at all levels. Our teammates are able to have open, honest discussions that drive us toward our mission. Elevate K-12 is in a stage of hyper-growth that will continue to open up new challenges and opportunities for our team.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request