Director, Marketing Operations
Are you someone that enjoys the pursuit of operational efficiency? Sprout Social is looking for a Director of Marketing Operations to lead a team responsible for the technical management and operation of all marketing systems and needed integrations. Your goal is to ensure we are making smart decisions in how we build and optimize our technology stacks, email programs and lead flows to support a large sales team.
Our marketing team has helped us reach 24,000 customers worldwide including Evernote, adidas, West Elm and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media. The processes you implement will help to directly impact our customer growth.
As a leader of this team, you will be responsible for establishing the necessary processes, infrastructure, and tools to support the development, distribution, and tracking of marketing activities. You will work closely with Marketing, Sales, IT and Finance to understand the needs of the business, support stakeholders and adapt to the needs of a scaling business.
Our ideal candidate has a strong understanding of how B2B SaaS companies operate. You are comfortable performing data analysis and capable of using CRM tools like Salesforce, Marketing Automation tools like Marketo, Pardot or HubSpot and web analytics tools like Google Analytics to track marketing and sales performance and recognize opportunities for improvement. In addition to your strong technical ability, you should have prior experience leading teams and are excited about providing one-on-one mentorship and the career development of your direct reports.
If you’re passionate about technology and finding ways to improve processes and help teams become more efficient, we’d love to talk to you.
Within 1 month, you will...
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members
- Learn about our Marketing Tech stack in current form and begin assessing the best way to optimize
- Meet with key stakeholders in Marketing and Sales to understand current objectives and identify challenges and opportunities for improvement.
- Meet with direct reports and set up bi-weekly 1 on 1s
Within 3 months, you will...
- Assume ownership of Sprout’s Marketing Technology stack including billing, contracts and tech issues
- Partner with stakeholders to align on potential technology solutions to help teams meet their goals
- Establish strong understanding of Salesforce functionality, external databases and all sales process
- Create an early concept of future plan for the team
Within 6 months, you will...
- Complete rolling 12 month roadmap for technology and development
- Establish best practices and documentation for vendor selection, integration requirements and cross-team, cross-system technology decisions
- Support implementation of new processes, technologies, services and/or vendor solutions that complement existing marketing tech stack and enhance the capabilities and effectiveness of marketing organization
- Measure initial process improvements within the marketing and sales org
Within 12 months, you will...
- Establish an efficient process for working against the team’s rolling roadmap
- Influence changes leading to marked improvement in lead conversion rates
- Be recognized as a subject matter expert and leader at Sprout
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!