Director of Marketing at PEAK6
The Director of Marketing is a senior, generalist marketing leader who will be responsible for all marketing activities for one of our PEAK6 businesses. Primary responsibilities are:
- Develop and execute marketing plans with our partners to drive increased adoption of products
- Test, iterate, and monetize direct-to-consumer strategies for our internal innovation lab in support of our partners
- Help shape our go-forward product and channel strategy for the next phase of growth as the marketing executive of the senior management team
- Work cross functionally with other senior executives to help drive the success of the company
As this role is responsible for the entirety of marketing across the company, you will own everything marketing related. This includes everything from supporting our client management team to content management to channel marketing to analytics. If you’re wondering if the role is responsible for X, assume the answer is “yes.”
The ideal candidate for this role is an owner and self-starter who does not wait for permission or guidance. You are also able to see the big picture and the details side-by-side, and have the ability to articulate the trade-offs of strategic decisions and able to perfect the smallest details. Lastly, a learning mindset is a must – you are not expected to know anything about the industry, but you are expected to learn quickly and provide insights. The following attributes are desirable in an ideal candidate:
- Strategic Thinking: In a highly competitive environment, can work to define a differentiated value proposition. Proven ability to develop and execute complex strategic business plans. Uses data to support business decisions, strategies, contingency plans, and to provide direction.
- Leadership: Exceptional leader with a strong results orientation and ability to prioritize effectively. Effective leader who can hire, develop, empower, and manage a small team in an environment that highly values the ability of its leaders to develop talent and build effective teams.
- Collaborating and Influencing: Can navigate a lean organization, where effective collaboration and leading through influence are essential. Collaborates well with cross-functional teams and all levels of leadership with a willingness to engage in an environment of active idea sharing.
- Commercial Orientation: Strong focus on profitability and revenue goals, overcoming obstacles and / or planning for contingencies. Uses commercial metrics as the key performance indicators for the team.
- Communication: Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills. Strong presenter and story teller.
- Analytical Rigor: Strong analytical skills including experience with financial models.
- Owner Mindset: Acts like an owner and takes appropriate risk to achieve results.
- Entrepreneurial: Able to do more with less, work in a fast-paced environment, and handle the workload of a high-performing team.
- An undergraduate university degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field is required; MBA or its equivalent is a plus.
- 7-10 years of marketing experience in either medium or large companies. B2B marketing experience is a plus.
- Proven track record leading breakthrough communication campaigns. Strong aptitude and savviness in the digital and traditional media landscape. DTC experience is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of people management experience, including outside partners & agencies.
We offer you:
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing organization.