Director of Marketing
You are a passionate B2B marketing communications expert, able to leap integrated marketing strategies in a single bound. You are a self-motivated and tenacious problem-solver, seeking out every opportunity to promote the company’s vision, optimize marketing operations, and delight customers with creative campaigns that break through the clutter. You are a roll-up-your-sleeves “do-er” with an innate sense of urgency and a bias toward action. You have had success building and nurturing a team, sharing your expertise and experience while fostering the talents of individual contributors. The rigors, hours, ups and downs of startup life are attractive to you because you believe in a vision, and you genuinely want the company you work for and your contributions to make an impact. You checked your ego at the door and your decisions are based on what is best for customers, the company, and your team.
About the Role
- Work with the senior leadership, sales, product, and technology teams to establish an annual strategy plan with specific tactical deliverables and measurable objectives designed to meet the sales and growth goals of the company
- Develop messaging frameworks and strategies for new products and services
- Own the brand strategy, positioning and act as brand steward to ensure the company speaks with one voice and presents itself in a consistent manner across all channels
- Develop comprehensive product launch strategies and manage activities through execution
- Create, build and execute targeted, prioritized marketing programs that support the company’s business and sales objectives
- Oversee and maintain owned media assets (e.g. corporate blog and website, email strategy, white papers, collateral, newsletter, etc.)
- Generate a regular drumbeat of compelling content, develop pitches, and secure interest in earned media opportunities
- Work closely with the sales team to develop effective support materials that communicate the technology’s key features and compelling benefits
- Manage both internal and external marketing resources, teams and contractors
- Implement a metrics- and KPI-driven approach to all marketing programs
- This is a senior role. You should have at least 4+ years experience in a strategic marketing role, preferably working in a B2B, technology or startup company environment
- You are an excellent writer and editor with a knack for creating compelling content
- You have built and scaled a marketing team at an early-stage company
- You are a thoughtful willing collaborator and mentor who is able to maintain the delicate balance between hands-on and hands-off management
- You are persuasive and have a gift for building consensus across functions
- You work well with ambiguity and also recognize where process is needed to maintain a high-functioning team and track with the pace of a growing company
- Your resume includes extensive demand / lead gen experience and you’ve successfully developed content marketing programs
- You are familiar and comfortable with the latest sales online marketing tools including Salesforce, HubSpot, MailChimp, Google Analytics, Adwords, LinkedIn, etc.
- Previous employers would say you have an all-for-one, get-it-done, can-do attitude
- Knowledge of the event industry and SaaS platforms is a big plus
- Previous experience in a startup and high-growth environment
- SEO/SEM experience
- Adobe Creative Suite skills a plus
- Media relations / outreach experience and relationships
Still reading? If you’ve come this far, meet us a bit further. Send your resume and credentials to [email protected] Be sure to include a cover letter that outlines why you are uniquely suited to take this promising company to the next level.
Learn more about life at Eved, visit www.eved.com/careers.