At Civis Analytics, we bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making—from the boardroom to the world’s largest progressive social causes.
This mission isn’t an aspiration: it’s something we see realized every day, and it brings purpose to everything we’re working on.
We combine a sophisticated SaaS product with our specialized data science consultancy to empower tens of thousands of active users to make millions of data-driven decisions every month. From joining disparate data sources and automating reporting, to building more elaborate models of targeted audiences and optimizing messages for them, organizations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the City of Boston, and iHeart Radio trust Civis’s technology to make their most critical decisions.
Core to our product and consulting offerings is Civis Platform, which makes it easy to import, manage, transform, analyze, and report on data. Our customers love Civis Platform because it empowers them to focus on finding data-driven answers to their most critical questions—in other words, we empower them to run their business, rather than running a tech stack.
Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and all employees are remote for the foreseeable future. This is being closely monitored as things change and it’s likely our offices will reopen. Because of this uncertainty, we want to ensure candidates are open to potentially relocating to one of our offices in the future, but a totally remote option is negotiable for this role.What we are looking for:
The Director of Media will support Civis’s strategy and approach to media analytics and optimization within our Applied Data Science Team. They’ll work collaboratively with existing and new clients, partner with outside organizations to establish best practices and build up on our existing expertise in Media Mix Modeling, Multi-touch Attribution, and Campaign measurement.Responsibilities:
This person will be awarded considerable autonomy to define their priorities along with Civis’s current and growing commercial team, but there will be a core set of responsibilities:
- Team Leadership and support: Build an inclusive and equitable culture in which team members feel valued and are rewarded, retained and developed in their roles and career paths.
- Strategy: Set the strategic vision for short and long-term growth of the media analytics offerings within the civis portfolio .
- Business partnerships: Navigate and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with current external partners in the martech and media landscape to continually improve the seamlessness of delivery to our clients. .
- Internal collaboration: Liaise with cross-functional teams to facilitate and drive elements of Civis’ product/services roadmap to serve or anticipate client needs. We bring a lot to our customers - strategic services, research, technology and more - and this person will need to ensure that we’re organizing delivery against our customers’ diverse objectives.
- Stakeholder relationships: Generate and maintain senior/C-level stakeholder relationships with current and prospective clients through scoping how services and software could improve their analytic, research, and technology operations.
- A strong experience in marketing and digital analytics, with in-depth knowledge the partner and technology landscape
- Proven track record of maintaining and growing key client relationships
- Ability to work closely with a variety of internal partners including: data scientists, software and data engineers, and product teams
- Strong understanding of media measurement methodologies, measurement frameworks, and ad tech platforms (e.g. DCM, Facebook/Ig)
- Familiarity with syndicated measurement offerings (e.g. comScore, Nielsen)
- Experience writing proposals and presenting in front of key stakeholders and organization leaders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated history of delivering high-quality analytic work to decision-makers
- US work authorization
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Economics, Business, Math, or Sciences is preferred
- Experience in agency or in-house media measurement
- Proficiency in SQL and/or statistical packages (R, Python, STATA, etc.)
- 7-10 years in media, analytics, or marketing technology
Civis offers opportunities for newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anyone in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily, and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas—no matter how big they are.
We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo, and finding new ways to help our company—and each other—grow.Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal, and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO; 401K match with immediate vesting; health, dental, and vision benefits; fully paid parental leave; breastfeeding support, including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms; commuter benefits; wellness initiatives, including weekly group meditations; monthly on-site massage therapy; and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now-fully remote work environment, we have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (five-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-ups where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from-home-schedules to help employees juggle their domestic responsibilities.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees, and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW