Director of Media
Director of Media: As the Director of Media, you will oversee all paid media planning and execution to support breakthrough creative, build awareness and increase sales for RXBAR. You will be focused on guiding the vision and output of the media team and steering a group of talented individuals towards building innovative plans that enhance the awareness and trial of RXBAR nationally.
The ideal candidate has passion for media planning and execution and is looking to be part of an exciting, fast-paced, innovative company. This person must be a strong leader, have an analytical mind that embraces data, thinks creatively and learns quickly. They must be hungry for building a brand and eager to play with the most valuable commodity there is: attention.
General Functions + Responsibilities:
Manage all aspects of online and offline paid media campaigns, including all planning, implementation, monitoring, optimization, analysis, and reporting.
Media Planning and Execution
- Lead the media planning process and philosophy and identify new, innovative ways to capture attention
- Make actionable suggestions based on industry trends on how the business can expand with new channels or scale existing partner programs
- Align on and provide feedback for advertising creative based on the needs of each channel
- Ensure all channels/programs compliment and build off one another to drive maximum impact
Reporting and Optimization
- Select and onboard a DMP to assess cross channel impact
- Provide reports, analyses, and insights into improving the efficiency and effectiveness of campaigns
- Analyze data and leverage those insights into actionable initiatives which can be optimized to exceed KPI targets
- Lead, mentor, and manage the Media team
- Develop and motivate direct reports to improve skills, further career, and deliver company objectives.
- Be a leader in the office for all employees; live the company values
- Act like an advocate for cross functional teams and build empathy within the Media team for cross functional partners.
- Operate from a position of confidence and knowledge
- Set the standard for communication with other departments
- Deliver objective, honest, and constructive feedback consistently
- Conduct tough conversations with data and detail and without fear
- Protect Company culture
- Know when to influence and when to control
- Do not play politics and do not allow politics to be played on your team
- Be a champion for the way we work
- Show courage in challenging the orthodoxy of “typical” food company structure and process
Skills & Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- 9+ years in a media planning and management role.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively manage workload to meet deadlines, while ensuring a high standard of quality
- Self-starter who is extremely result and detail-oriented
- Passion for entrepreneurship
- Desire to excel and grow with the organization
- Creative problem solving abilities
- Highly adaptable and resourceful
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with Company match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBARs are the cleanest protein bar available and our branding stands out. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition in a rapidly growing health food market has our company positioned for growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.