Director, Partnership Marketing
Position Description: This position description provides the minimum job requirements as additional duties may be assigned by supervisors. The requirements listed are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities to qualify for the position. This job description is not a contract and does not change the employment "at will" relationship. FTD reserves its right to amend the job description at any time at its discretion.
Purpose of Position: This position is responsible for leading a team in prospecting, developing, implementing, analyzing, and optimizing B2C and B2B marketing programs for various types of commercial partnerships. As the Director of Partnership Marketing, they will oversee a team that manages and builds relationships and develops strategies designed to increase and drives revenue and margin through strategic marketing partnerships promoting all FTD Company Brands.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Relationship Management -- Build sustainable executive level relationships and lasting profitable partnerships with third parties across verticals.
- Project Management -- Oversee the planning, developing, strategy, scheduling, and execution of numerous marketing programs across verticals. Ensure that revenue and margin targets are hit through effective planning, logistics, and implementation. Includes oversight and management of program financials, including order and expense forecasting, billing and account reconciliations, and creative deliverables.
- Prospecting - Develop an extensive network of contacts and/or relationships to help the team identify new leads and manage pipelines. Must be able to research and develop an in-depth understanding of your prospects' marketing capabilities, industries, and demographics and psychographics of their member base, while being able to plan strategically.
- Presentation and Communication -- Lead and facilitate senior level partner meetings and account reviews, lead internal project status meetings.
- Negotiate and Close New Deals -- Lead team in negotiating marketing partnerships that profitably drive incremental orders and revenue to FTD Companies while meeting budgeted goals.
- Strategic and Creative Thinking -- Develop, spearhead and execute integrated marketing campaigns leveraging direct mail, email, online and print. Continually assess the current marketing programs, evolution of the industry, and develop efforts to improve and use the results to optimize future efforts.
- Leadership -- Set clear objectives for team members. Hold team and self-accountable. Communicate program activities and results to all stakeholders within the organization. Must be able to easily collaborate and influence others to obtain input and achieve superior results.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree Required, MBA Preferred
- Experience in B2B and B2B2C Account Management & Business Development (eCommerce and Marketing sales experience preferred)
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint and Internet
- Results and goal driven with a solid track record of success
- Extremely organized multi-tasker
- Expert negotiation skills
- Solid understanding of a B2B sales process
- Sound qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and succinctly with executive level leadership
- Must be self-motivated with an ability to take the initiative in a challenging, fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize many tasks across various teams within the organization
- Prior people management experience
Position requires approximately 25% travel