Director, Performance Marketing at Sprout Social
Sprout Social develops and delivers social media engagement, advocacy and analytics solutions for more than 25,000 leading brands and agencies around the world. We’re relentless about solving hard problems, building elegant software and ensuring customer and team success.
We are looking for an experienced Performance Marketing Director to join our growing Chicago-based marketing team and lead the strategy behind Sprout’s SEO and paid digital acquisition marketing. Our ideal candidate is a proven leader with extensive experience in planning, activation, and optimization of performance marketing across technical SEO, content SEO, and paid media channels focused on customer acquisition. You have a deep understanding of the strategic revenue impact and implications of performance marketing, such as attribution modeling, incrementally and measuring ROI.
The performance marketing team at Sprout Social is the core of our customer acquisition efforts, responsible for the management and delivery of digital marketing across a diverse range of channels including SEO, Paid Search, Paid Social, Display and Affiliates.
If you are a strategic, analytical and forward-thinking leader who wants to drive our performance marketing roadmap and delivery, manage and develop our team of highly effective performance marketers, and drive strong customer acquisition results, we'd love to talk to you!
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- Minimum of 6 years experience in performance marketing (paid social, paid search, display, programmatic, affiliates, SEO)
- At least 2 years experience leading a team in performance marketing function
Additionally, the ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Performance marketing experience in the B2B SaaS/Software space
Within 1 month, you will...
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members and understand the value that Sprout delivers to our customers.
- Meet with key partners in marketing and design and get to know everyone's roles and responsibilities.
- Start participating in team meetings.
- Familiarize yourself with the acquisition team goals.
- Get access to all channels and become familiar with accounts.
- Begin to understand the historical performance of paid digital channels and SEO.
- Meet your team in 1:1s to understand what’s working, what’s not, and gather learnings to implement into your role.
Within 3 months, you will...
- Meet with leaders throughout the marketing and sales organizations and identify areas of opportunity.
- Understand our paid search, paid social, and SEO campaigns, traffic & conversion, become familiar with our Google Analytics data, begin analyzing and making recommendations for improvements based on this data
- Begin coaching and mentoring your team to do their best work.
Within 6 months, you will...
- Have full knowledge of Google Analytics, paid media and SEO reporting and nuances.
- Have expanded our paid media and SEO reach and effectiveness.
- Continue to develop your team, both personally and professionally.
Within 12 months, you will...
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams across the business.
- Be effectively prioritizing efforts to make the most impact in performance marketing channels.
- Be leading and operating a world class performance marketing function.
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change Sprout in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our [email protected] program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity— race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2020 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.