Director, Product Marketing (Auto) at Epsilon
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
Director, Product Marketing Job Description
The Director of Product Marketing is responsible for the development and directing of the entire Product Marketing Department. The Director of Product Marketing’s role is to synthesize market, consumer, product, and competitive inputs into driving the highest possible revenue for the business.
The role of the Director of Product Marketing involves performing activities such as product pricing, product strategy and analysis, product positioning to target consumers, sales messaging development, competitive analysis, and product differentiation among others. The role of Director is a collaborative role and incorporates some sales enablement activities, for example, creation of sales tools, communication, and training.
Experience in product marketing roles with specific expertise in the areas of pricing, positioning, and packaging. They will also be a great communicator, having honed their skills over years of experience and exposure in interactive marketing positions.
The Director of Product Marketing will also understand intimately the details and nuances of his product’s market, buyer personas, and be able to deliver the business results in terms of sales.
This is a leadership role in the Product Marketing department. The Director of Product Marketing leads the product marketing department and collaborating product personnel in developing various product marketing initiatives inclusive of consumer case studies, product videos, website content, and much more.
The Director of Product Marketing is responsible for the product’s positioning and messaging. Directs endeavors to understand the consumers’ needs and behaviors. Differentiate the product by ensuring that it always stays in line with consumer needs and market trends. Understand the current competitive landscape.
The Director of Product Marketing develops product messaging that is fitting to the consumers’ current mindset and maximizes the strengths of every marketing and communication channel in the process in order to raise product awareness in the market.
The Director of Product Marketing, in conjunction with the Chief Product Officer, is tasked with overseeing the product’s launch. Ensure a successful and integrated product launch for the product, new product features, and product solutions. Post-launch obligation of ensuring that the product constantly grows in the market; and that the product is constantly moving from awareness to adoption in new market segments.
The role of the Director of Product Marketing is a collaborative. They will partner with other product directors, product management, and sales teams in the formulation of optimal pricing strategies, models, product education approaches, product solution creation, and execution of competitive counter-tactics. This is done with a view of enabling the achievement of the product’s market share targets.
At this capacity, the Director of Product Marketing will also work closely with the Head of Product Marketing and research departments in order to acquire consumer information and consumer feedback. The Director may also acquire consumer information from the source by directly reaching out to consumer groups to gain product feedback, better understand market trends, and competitive factors. The acquired insight later influences product pricing, packaging, and development decisions along the product’s roadmap.
Analytics: The Director of Product Marketing also plays an analytical role.
· Capable of reviewing, refining, and making recommendations on analyses conducted by juniors.
· Reporting analyses and findings that are presented to the Chief Product Officer, critical stakeholders, and external partners.
· Conduct market analyses that they present to collaborating product directors during deliberations on product pricing, product messaging, product development, etc that will optimize the product’s sales and business revenue.
· Master’s degree, preferably Phd, in Marketing, Advertising, Information Technology, Economics, Business Administration, Engineering, Psychology or related field.
· Or equivalent of this educational background in working experience.
· 10+ years product marketing experience.
· Experience in the field of marketing, specifically with product positioning, pricing, and packaging.
· Experience in the creation and execution of highly detailed go-to product market plans.
· Demonstrate strong analytical skills, as well as passion for products analysis, completive analysis, and market dynamics.
· Strong ability to synthesize market data and provide solutions even on short notice or constraint deadlines.
· Possess a creative ability to craft product messaging that resonates and connects with the diverse demographics of the business’s consumers as well as for the stakeholders
· Ability to influence and move junior product marketing personnel as well as collaborative personnel towards a single unified direction.
· Team-building skills that will facilitate achievement of team goals.
· Proven ability to engage in a product and lead it to commercial success.
· People-focused enthusiasm and empathy that will genuinely and positively improve how the junior product marketing personnel perform their functions.
· Excellent communication skills and an ability to ability to present complex material both to technical teams as well as to consumers in a way that relates to each audience. In both verbal and written form.
· Interact and deliver reports and presentations to the Chief Product Officer, business stakeholders, junior product
· Convey messages clearly and concisely to any audience in a manner that they understand and can relate to.
Software: The role of Director of Product Marketing involves reporting and presenting. For the utmost impact, and to ensure that the information is conveyed to audiences in the best way possible, reports and presentations have to be both verbally and visually engaging.
· Proficiency in the use of computer softwares such Dreamweaver, Visio, Illustrator, Fireworks, and Photoshop.
· MS Office: Word, Excel analytical tools, PowerPoint
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.