Director, Product Marketing, Software
Morningstar is committed to empowering investor success. One way we accomplish this is by offering independent data, research and great products to the financial community. We believe that when the investor wins, we all win.
Our Product Marketing team is critical to achieving this goal. We are looking for a Director, Product Marketing for our Software Product Marketing team focused on our global financial planning portfolio. This leader deeply understands how important it is for financial professionals to engage with their clients to produce financial plans and provide the behavioral coaching to stay committed to their plans. He/she can translate the sophisticated technical capabilities of our financial planning capabilities and tools into clear benefits for financial advisors and the clients they serve.
In partnership with our marketing, product management, sales and service teams, you’ll be responsible for crafting the go-to-market strategy, positioning, messaging, competitive analysis, and sales enablement materials to deliver business growth. You will collaborate with marketing managers in local markets to develop, execute, and optimize multi-channel campaigns to launch new products, drive demand, generate leads, and influence sales pipeline for new prospects as well as existing clients. You will have an opportunity to build and/or extend product marketing teams in the US, Canada, Australia and United Kingdom in support of our growth targets and ensuring recent acquisitions are successfully integrated into Morningstar. Impact will be measured by increased sales pipeline and closed business conversion rates globally, shortened sales cycles, and market share growth over time. This role reports to the Head of Product Marketing, Software and sits on the leadership team of the financial planning product organization.
- Deeply understand our buyers and the investor clients they serve. Whom they are, what their aspirations are, what their pains are, whom they trust for information, where they get it and how they prefer to buy technology.
- Lead and coach cross-functional teams focused on bringing new products to market and expanding existing businesses.
- Craft the segmentation, positioning, messaging and competitive analysis for successful go-to-market plans.
- Partner with our market research and product management teams to develop the research agenda for ascertaining gaps in the market, helping to drive new product development, packaging, pricing, positioning and messaging.
- Collaborate with marketing managers, product, sales, and support teams to design, execute, and optimize multi-channel marketing campaigns to generate demand and drive new client acquisition as well as expansion opportunities with existing client accounts.
- Develop sales enablement and client-facing assets to clearly define the benefits of Morningstar’s financial planning portfolio for financial advisors, globally.
- Interact with clients in the development of testimonials and other materials to support marketing programs and enrich sales materials.
- Collaborate with our business analysts to measure, analyze, and report on the success of product marketing programs monthly, quarterly and as requested with executive stakeholders to identify opportunities to continuously improve our outcomes relative to our goals.
- Engage with clients and prospects at industry events and in sales cycles as a subject matter expert.
- Brief industry analysts and press as necessary to support new product launches and to keep Morningstar’s innovation top of mind.
- 10+ years of product marketing experience in SaaS or software/technology firms. Experience in financial services technology is a plus.
- Track record of successfully leading cross-functional teams to develop and execute go-to-market strategies and multi-channel marketing programs helping coach them to their full potential and driving a spirit of continuous improvement.
- Excellent presentation skills to all types of audiences, including executive leadership, clients, and partners.
- Must be data-driven and understand how to translate marketing metrics into opportunities for action.
- Self-starter and passion for “doing the impossible;” committed to testing, learning, and iterating.
- Previous experience partnering closely with sales teams to deliver sales enablement assets/training and having accountability for influencing sales pipeline development and participating in client engagements.
- Experience developing, delivering and optimizing annual and multi-year strategic marketing plans and accompanying budgets.
- Certifications and/or experience working in an Agile environment and using Jira, Eloqua, Adobe Experience Manager, Tableau, Google Analytics, On24, wikis, and Yammer, or similar.