Director, Product Marketing at Sprout Social
Are you a growth-minded and customer-focused product marketer? Do you obsess over aligning product value to customer need? Sprout Social is looking for a Director, Product Marketing to join our Marketing team and help us take our award-winning Product Marketing team to the next level (Sprout’s Product Marketing team was named one of The Top 25 Teams To Learn From And Work For To Develop Your Product Marketing Career according to Sharebird).
You will jump into the work from day one partnering closely with members of our Product Management, Growth and Customer Marketing teams to understand customer use cases, gather and distill those insights, and leverage them in a way that drives product awareness and adoption. In order to be successful, you must possess the desire and capacity to garner a deep product knowledge while understanding the need to zoom out and tell concrete, compelling, value-focused stories about our features, platform and solutions.
We are looking for an experienced leader to manage a team of product marketers to drive product innovation and go-to-market strategy. You will also be the architect for our enterprise marketing strategy from end to end, including messaging, positioning, account-based marketing, and high-touch programs to drive enterprise awareness and adoption. You will work alongside Product, Engineering, Sales, and Customer Success to identify areas to accelerate customer acquisition and expansion opportunities.
In this role, you will get to:
- Lead a team of marketers to build and execute campaigns that influence new business and customer expansion efforts.
- Drive the overall narratives across our platform and products.
- Scale programs across multiple solutions, segments, and global markets; be responsible for the marketing business plan to achieve partner targets, leveraging MDF and marketing assets.
Our Marketing team has helped us reach more than 25,000 leading brands and agencies around the world including the Chicago Bulls, Sony Electronics, Indiana University, Make-a-wish Foundation, Edelman, and Subaru. We’re relentless about solving hard problems, building elegant software and ensuring customer and team success.
The successful candidate will thrive on team management and development and is a someone who loves mentoring and growing high-velocity teams. If you have a positive and optimistic leadership style that easily builds cross-functional bridges with a vocal and collaborative approach, we’d love to talk to you!
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- 5+ years of experience in Marketing, Product Marketing or Product Management
- Past leadership experience developing and mentoring team members
- B2B SaaS experience
- Experience building and driving go-to-market enterprise marketing strategy
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Embraces ambiguity and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Active listener who solicits feedback and applies insights quickly
Within 1 month, you will:
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members and understand the value that Sprout delivers to our customers.
- Meet with your fellow Product Marketers and team in 1:1s to understand what’s working, what’s not, and gather learnings to implement into your role.
- Get to know your peers and key stakeholders across Customer Marketing, Brand Creative, Product, Growth, Sales and Customer Success to understand current working relationships.
- Develop a firm understanding of Sprout’s brand positioning, voice and key messages.
- Start participating in weekly stand-ups and team meetings.
Within 3 months, you will...
- Familiarize yourself with Marketing and Brand Creative process and rituals (i.e. how we get work done), learn our Agile framework and understand how to effectively plan for work to get done.
- Familiarize yourself with Sprout’s product strategy and development lifecycle, our release/launch process, marketing campaign framework and more.
- Go deep into customer data and research to familiarize yourself with various customer use cases and core Jobs-to-be-Done
- Partner with fellow Product Marketers to begin deeply understanding our platform and premium add-on modules.
Within 6 months, you will...
- Engrain yourself into the Customer Lifecycle Guild and begin planning work to support our product awareness and adoption goals.
- Interact day-to-day with internal teams including product management, marketing, sales, creative, account management, support and others to extract insights and spot opportunities.
- Participate in cross-functional meetings to develop product awareness and adoption strategies and contribute to integrated marketing launches both tactically and in a project management capacity.
- Continue to develop strong relationships across Growth and Customer Marketing and better understand the full customer lifecycle so you can better align customer need with product value.
Within 12 months, you will...
- Develop processes to understand customer use cases, package those insights, and leverage them in a way that drives customer adoption.
- Conduct market and customer research that can be combined with existing VoC and competitive insights gathered by our Customer Marketing and Market Strategy teams to inform product lifecycle strategies.
- Collaborate with Growth and Customer Marketing to build and align roadmaps that drive product awareness and adoption
- Plan and execute your first integrated product campaign—taking the lead from start to finish.
- Be comfortable and proactive about working with the rest of the Product Marketing, Customer Marketing and Growth teams to push the creativity of our growth, adoption and go-to-market strategies.
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change our team and marketing efforts in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!