Director, Product Marketing at Sprout Social
You will jump into the work from day one partnering closely with members of our Product Management, Growth and Customer Marketing teams to understand customer use cases, gather and distill those insights, and leverage them in a way that drives product awareness and adoption. In order to be successful, you must possess the desire and capacity to garner a deep product knowledge while understanding the need to zoom out and tell concrete, compelling, value-focused stories about our features, platform and solutions.
We are looking for an experienced leader to manage a team of product marketers to drive product innovation and go-to-market strategy. You will also be the architect for our enterprise marketing strategy from end to end, including messaging, positioning, account-based marketing, and high-touch programs to drive enterprise awareness and adoption. You will work alongside Product, Engineering, Sales, and Customer Success to identify areas to accelerate customer acquisition and expansion opportunities.
In this role, you will get to:
- Lead a team of marketers to build and execute campaigns that influence new business and customer expansion efforts.
- Drive the overall narratives across our platform and products.
- Scale programs across multiple solutions, segments, and global markets; be responsible for the marketing business plan to achieve partner targets, leveraging MDF and marketing assets.
The successful candidate will thrive on team management and development and is a someone who loves mentoring and growing high-velocity teams. If you have a positive and optimistic leadership style that easily builds cross-functional bridges with a vocal and collaborative approach, we'd love to talk to you!
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- 5+ years of experience in Marketing, Product Marketing or Product Management
- Past leadership experience developing and mentoring team members
- B2B SaaS experience
- Experience building and driving go-to-market enterprise marketing strategy
- Embraces ambiguity and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Active listener who solicits feedback and applies insights quickly
- Complete Sprout's New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members and understand the value that Sprout delivers to our customers.
- Meet with your fellow Product Marketers and team in 1:1s to understand what's working, what's not, and gather learnings to implement into your role.
- Get to know your peers and key stakeholders across Customer Marketing, Brand Creative, Product, Growth, Sales and Customer Success to understand current working relationships.
- Develop a firm understanding of Sprout's brand positioning, voice and key messages.
- Start participating in weekly stand-ups and team meetings.
- Familiarize yourself with Marketing and Brand Creative process and rituals (i.e. how we get work done), learn our Agile framework and understand how to effectively plan for work to get done.
- Familiarize yourself with Sprout's product strategy and development lifecycle, our release/launch process, marketing campaign framework and more.
- Go deep into customer data and research to familiarize yourself with various customer use cases and core Jobs-to-be-Done
- Partner with fellow Product Marketers to begin deeply understanding our platform and premium add-on modules.
- Engrain yourself into the Customer Lifecycle Guild and begin planning work to support our product awareness and adoption goals.
- Interact day-to-day with internal teams including product management, marketing, sales, creative, account management, support and others to extract insights and spot opportunities.
- Participate in cross-functional meetings to develop product awareness and adoption strategies and contribute to integrated marketing launches both tactically and in a project management capacity.
- Continue to develop strong relationships across Growth and Customer Marketing and better understand the full customer lifecycle so you can better align customer need with product value.
- Develop processes to understand customer use cases, package those insights, and leverage them in a way that drives customer adoption.
- Conduct market and customer research that can be combined with existing VoC and competitive insights gathered by our Customer Marketing and Market Strategy teams to inform product lifecycle strategies.
- Collaborate with Growth and Customer Marketing to build and align roadmaps that drive product awareness and adoption
- Plan and execute your first integrated product campaign-taking the lead from start to finish.
- Be comfortable and proactive about working with the rest of the Product Marketing, Customer Marketing and Growth teams to push the creativity of our growth, adoption and go-to-market strategies.
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change our team and marketing efforts in beneficial ways that we haven't even considered yet.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team's shared belief in Sprout's mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.
We're proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment-your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our [email protected] program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago's Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity-
race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2021 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.