Director, Product Marketing
About Label Insight:
Label Insight is the industry leader in powering product attribute-driven growth across the consumer-packaged goods ecosystem. Their patented technology harnesses data science and machine learning to create best-in-class product attribute data with more than 22,000 high-order attributes per product.
Covering more than 80 percent of top selling food, pet, and personal care items in the U.S., Label Insight enables companies to unlock new growth opportunities and power digital innovation across their business while empowering consumers to make more informed purchasing decisions with better product transparency.
The company, with locations in Chicago and St. Louis, supports industry leading clients including Unilever, ConAgra, Pepsi, Walmart, Target, Albertsons, Petco, Meijer, Dole and numerous other CPG brands and retailers.
About the Role:
The Product Marketing Director is responsible for developing go-to-market strategies for Label Insight’s Software as a Service products and help drive demand and usage. He/she will create strategic marketing plans that include market research, competitive analysis, pricing, customer engagement and business planning. The PMD is continuously promoting and shaping our products to meet customer needs at all stages of its life cycle.
- Establish, lead and continuously improve the go-to-market vision, strategy and model for the Software as a Service product portfolio and communicate that vision and strategy across the organization
- Develop a deep understanding of the buying audiences by gathering market intelligence, conducting competitive analysis and gathering insight about target personas, use cases and purchasing decision process
- Lead and provide direction for market segmentation and targeting in order to define the market opportunities for the Software as a Service product portfolio and partner with product managers to build business cases and product requirements for expanding market presence or entering new markets
- Drive an audience-centric marketing approach within the organization, ensuring that messaging, content and campaign strategies effectively resonate with customers and productively address buyer and user needs
- Lead the process for creating product positioning, value propositions and messaging that resonates with the buying audience; provide source messaging documents for use by downstream marketing functions such as campaign, demand and content teams
- Partner with product managers, sales and customer success to plan routes to market and enablement plans while serving as market-facing and internal product evangelist
- Plan and lead a product launch strategy and collaborate with product managers, sales and customer success to apply a launch tier model for commercial release
- Provide input and support the process for developing customer references, testimonials and case studies for external and internal use
- Establish strategies, partner and collaborate with customer success, sales and product managers to increase customer lifetime value by developing marketing solutions to increase net revenue and customer return on investment, drive retention, upsell and cross-sell the product portfolio
- Establish and lead a consistent process for conducting win/loss interviews and ongoing analysis to determine customer product adoption
- Product portfolio revenue performance (vs. target) and retention rates
- Win/loss rates, Campaign ROI
- Customer satisfaction, cases studies, new logos and customer references secured
Behaviors, Skills and Role-Specific Competencies:
- Must have 5 to 10 years of Software as a Service product marketing experience with a minimum of 4 years within the B2B SaaS data business
- Must be well-versed in ideation, development and go-to-market strategy execution including the ability to create value propositions and messaging strategies
- Must have ability to analyze information collected from win/loss interviews and pipeline behavior (conversion rates and velocity) to improve go to market strategy and execution
- Relevant domain expertise and market trends, including regulatory, legal and technology
- Ability to conduct market, competitor and customer research to gather insights and assess market opportunities
- Ability to link product launches to organizational campaign themes and goals
- Strong analytical skills, data-driven thinker with excellent writing, communication, presentation development and delivery skills
- Must possess an entrepreneurial mindset with a very strong, detailed oriented project and time management expertise that includes a keen sense of urgency and ability to productively react to change within a fast-growing start-up company
- Experience and a bias towards creative experimentation and iteration to quickly validate the value, eliminate risks and scale programs that produce results
- Comfortable working with senior leadership and highly collaborative across functional teams
- Transparency: We share information freely and concisely as a team
- Collaboration: We respect diversity and work toward the solution together
- Iteration and Innovation: We speak up early, are honest about our limits, and leverage failure as an asset
- Intellectual Honesty and Humility: We encourage open debate and favor the best ideas
- Accountability: We own the successes and failures of our team
- Quality Driven: We hold our work to the highest standards and embrace problems as opportunities
- Flexible paid vacation
- Flexible work hours
- Kitchen stocked with snacks, drinks, a kegerator and more!
- Casual, dog-friendly, open-layout workspace
- Company subsidized Health Insurance, and 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Catered team lunches every other week
- Regular team events and happy hours
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
Label Insight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.