Director, Strategic Communications at McDonald's Technology
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the-art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation. Take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and use the latest technology to communicate with your team around the globe! Our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Participate in monthly organized events, enjoy massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites.
As Director, Strategic Communications you will be responsible for building and executing communications strategies for key enterprise initiatives to drive awareness for McDonald’s business strategy and reputation narrative. The ideal candidate has experience establishing and achieving communications objectives that directly support business outcomes and leading multi-channel communications programming from concept to completion. This role will also provide coaching, mentoring and hands-on communications support to key partners as they execute plans.Job Description
In this role, you will:
· Develop and execute integrated communications strategies for key enterprise priorities that span internal and external audiences to foster alignment and adoption, and proactively shape stakeholder perceptions.
o Deliver against the metrics/KPIs set forward in the communications plans for identified strategic initiatives in partnership with members of the broader global communications team.
o Reach and influence target audiences by developing and delivering on messaging, creative storytelling, channel strategies, content and media and stakeholder engagement plans.
o Collaborate with teams and subject matter experts to identify opportunities and map the path forward for key cross-functional initiatives.
· Work with executives and communications leaders to shape the corporate story that informs our overall editorial as well as strategic events including investor days, global town halls and McDonald’s biennial Worldwide Convention (attended by 20,000+ franchisees, supplier partners and company employees).
· Partner with the Director, Executive Communications, to align the strategy and messaging of business with that of key senior leaders.
o Develop turnkey tools and resources that foster alignment and coordination of messages across a broader cross-section of McDonald’s leaders to drive leaders’ intent deeper into the company.
· Transform complex data into a simple, visual story to develop corporate communication strategies and ultimately influence decision makers.
Experience in a corporate communications role, either in-house or at an agency. The ideal candidate will be a proactive, strategic, solutions-focused leader with the following attributes:
· Strong business knowledge with a demonstrated ability to understand business strategy and how to use communications to drive that strategy
· Deep communications expertise that is global in nature and spans both external (stakeholder, influencer, consumer) and internal disciplines
· Comfortable developing strategy and rolling up his/her sleeves to execute
· The ability to thrive in fast-paced environments, while being flexible, collaborative and deadline driven
· Demonstrated ability to quickly build trust and influence with leaders and collaborators at all levels
· Capable planner who can manage and deconflict priorities within a complex global framework
· Natural storyteller with excellent speaking, writing and editing skills; able to easily distill messages into believable, actionable contentAdditional Information
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.