eCommerce and Lead Generation Manager
Founded in 2012 and recently named one of the nation’s fastest-growing private businesses by Inc. Magazine, RedShelf is a Chicago-based EdTech company helping to make education both more affordable and more effective by replacing yesterday’s pricey print publications with today’s more dynamic yet far less expensive digital content. Partnering with more than 400+ publishers and 640+ campuses nationwide, we offer leading-edge digital course materials and a seamless, end-to-end Content Delivery System for effectively distributing those materials.
The eCommerce and Lead Gen Manager is responsible for implementing sophisticated, data-driven B2C and B2B demand generation strategies and tactics—directly driving B2C sales transactions and generating high-quality B2B leads, while protecting and building the organizational brand.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the VP of Marketing, assist with development of annual eCommerce and lead generation plan—building the plan in consultation with Sales, Development/Engineering, and other internal stakeholders to ensure optimal alignment with global business objectives, sales cycles and processes, and timelines.
- Efficiently generate digital textbook sales through RedShelf’s B2C website (redshelf.com), as well as qualified B2B leads for the sales teams.
- Design, implement, and continually optimize comprehensive demand generation strategies and tactics including:
- Organic search (SEO)
- Paid search (SEM)
- Paid social
- Online display and content network
- Retargeting and cart abandonment
- Establish and implement testing technology and strategies across channels, including A/B and multivariate testing, continual keyword monitoring and optimization, etc.
- Partner with B2B Sales division to implement lead posting and routing protocols and technology.
- Establish and manage comprehensive reporting processes—forecasting and tracking progress relative to volume, conversion rate, and acquisition cost goals.
- Ensure adherence to deadlines and budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- 5+ years of experience in an eCommerce and/or lead gen role, with ability to plan and execute campaigns (and related technology) from the ground up.
- Track record of quantifiable success driving revenue with increasing efficiency.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently while maintaining schedules and adhering to budgets.
- Proactivity, curiosity, enthusiasm, and achievement orientation.
- Bachelor's degree.
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Familiarity with the higher education landscape, and appreciation of the advances in educational technology, course materials, and digital publishing.
- Comfort and/or experience in a startup environment.
RedShelf prides itself on maintaining an informal but fast-moving, hard-working, entrepreneurial culture. Our team members are smart, innovative, and passionate about improving education through digital technology.
We offer the best of both worlds: the energy and opportunity of a rapidly-growing organization, coupled with the stability of an extensive client base, strong financial backing, and proven track record of success. In addition to a forward-thinking environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth, our team members enjoy competitive compensation and benefit packages, including company stock options.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.