Email & Automations Manager
ActiveCampaign is the marketing automation leader for small and mid sized businesses (SMB's) around the globe. Through a sophisticated yet easy-to-use platform and tools, we allow our customers to make meaningful connections to their customers. Often, we are the center of our customer's marketing strategies and critical to their success and future.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 70,000 today to millions.
The Email & Automations Manager will be responsible for launching and managing end to end emails for the marketing team, through a defined and repeatable life cycle. The three primary types of emails are:
Newsletter campaigns- These are one-off newsletter campaigns that may be repurposed for an automation email
New automation campaigns- These are campaigns that are slotted into an automation workflow
Existing automation campaign maintenance- This person will be responsible for maintaining the accuracy and integrity of long-lived automation emails.
What your day could consist of:
- Interfacing with content producers to define appropriate emails in addition to monitoring design requests to ensure consistency and appropriateness for email
- Writing and editing copy for all email types
- Creating the responsive design in ActiveCampaign’s platform, or coding the responsive design for multiple email clients (as needed)
- QA check the email across multiple email clients (Litmus review if email is coded) and stakeholders
- Queue the email for send including defining the appropriate segments, timing, and A/B tests
- Retro write-up for email performance based on objective and monitor performance across a variety of email metrics and KPI’s to discover areas of success or improvement for that campaign
- Creating new automations for specific marketing campaigns, as well as maintaining existing lifecycle automations
- Working with other client facing teams to ensure that all automations are working seamlessly across departments
- Acting as the point person for system issues, communicating the issues to internal teams as needed and working with development to resolve
- Managing customer tickets related to unsubscribe requests
- Additional tasks that help to solidify a solid release cycle for sending emails
What is needed:
- Deep product knowledge of the ActiveCampaign platform
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Driven to meet deadlines while remaining nimble
- Customer centric mindset
- Data driven with the ability to influence cross functionally
- Experience using HTML coding for email and familiarity with CSS and git
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and welfare benefits including no premiums for employees, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description