Email Campaign Strategist
Are you passionate about developing innovative engagement programs to educate prospects throughout the buying journey? Are you a pro at leveraging email to turn leads into MQLs and partnering with sales to refine the lead scoring model? Do you have strategic and tactical experience building, testing, and optimizing nurture campaigns?
Sprout Social is looking for a detail-oriented, self-starter to join our marketing team as an Email Campaign Strategist.
Our ideal candidate is an email and demand generation expert, with previous experience working in the B2B SaaS space. You are an expert with Salesforce and marketing automation software (bonus points if you’ve used Pardot and have HTML/CSS experience).
In this role, you will drive our acquisition marketing email strategy. You will design, build and relentlessly optimize our demand generation campaigns to convert sales leads. You will leverage your deep knowledge of marketing automation to show marketing’s contribution to pipeline and revenue. You will also partner with cross-functional teams to improve marketing and sales alignment.
Our marketing team has helped us reach more than 20,000 customers worldwide including Evernote, adidas, West Elm and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media. The strategic programs you create will have a direct impact on our customer growth.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members.
- Meet with key partners the Marketing organization to understand current goals, challenges and areas where marketing automation can provide the most value.
- Familiarize yourself with Sprout’s brand, values and processes.
- Meet our counterparts in Sales and understand current working relationship.
- Get up-to-speed on the Acquisition Marketing function and the metrics that drive us.
- Understand our early stage lead generation, inbound lead-handoff, and outbound sales efforts. Get to know our mid-funnel sales processes, metrics, and conversion optimization opportunities.
- Learn about the customers we serve and opportunities to further expand these partnerships.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Know our customers - who they are, why they love us, how we can improve, what makes them tick, and how we can better support them.
- Know our prospects - how people find Sprout, what pain points we solve for, which competitors we need to beat, why we win and lose deals.
- Know our Pardot instance - our lead scoring model, active email campaigns, opportunities to refine our engagement programs
- Start to build a framework for a long-term, high-converting email strategy to nurture leads into customers.
- Determine ways to fuel our inbound and conversion engine so sales has the leads needed to hit its numbers.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Have a firm grasp on our business and understand your role in helping sales exceed its revenue goals.
- Partner with sales to know what type of leads convert and identify ways to produce more qualified opportunities.
- Build a cadence of high-impact nurture programs from conception through tactical execution, including writing content and partnering with design.
- Be well-versed in our Pardot instance and equipped to guide the team on best practices.
- Report on campaign metrics and use data to guide strategic planning.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Confidently run full-scale campaigns to engage prospects throughout each phase of the buying process.
- Have tested, failed, learned and applied new tactics into our marketing arsenal.
- Continue to find new ways to educate and delight prospects.
- Who knows! Part of joining a company at this size and growth curve is being comfortable with some unknowns, and an evolving set of responsibilities!
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is an equal opportunity employer. Anyone seeking employment here is considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, Illinois, or local law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!