Email Marketing Associate at PerkSpot
Work directly with America's best employers to bring joy to millions of employees!
Note: At PerkSpot, the safety and wellness of our employees is our top priority. To provide our employees with the support they may need to maintain their personal health and wellness, our office is open and available for those employees who are interested in using it. Our long-term goal is for PerkSpot employees to return to our Chicago office, however working remotely will be an option until everyone is comfortable, and it is 100% safe for all to return.
Hi, welcome to PerkSpot. We’re looking for a Email Marketing Associate to support our email communication strategy by delivering marketing programs from some of the biggest brands in America.
PerkSpot is an employee benefits company that works with America’s top employers to offer exclusive discounts, rewards, and recognition to millions of employees. These exclusive perks and savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about the company they work for. We help employees from nearly 1,000 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with a great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. In 2018, our company was proud to announce an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. As we continue to grow, we’re excited about our leadership position in the industry, but we’re also committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own. We’re a big platform, but a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than you’d have anywhere else and invest in your success and growth more than any other employer.
Life as an Email Marketing Associate:
PerkSpot enables companies to build a culture of employee recognition and appreciation because we know that happier employees create a more productive business. As a member of the team, you’ll have your hands in a little bit of everything – how we engage with our clients’ employees, growing awareness for PerkSpot among HR professionals, and always going above and beyond to delight our clients. This role will lead one of our core email marketing campaigns, working closely with the merchant team to deliver the best deals each week to our users. As a small team however, everyone is always willing to jump in and lend a helping hand with any of our ongoing projects. This means we are all constantly learning and growing together as a team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone passionate about marketing and looking to grow their skills and expertise.
What we’re looking for:
- 1-3 years of experience in a marketing role, focused on email
- Strong technical acumen; data analysis and HTML is highly desired
- Numbers come easily to you, and you enjoy analyzing data to guide your decisions
- Attention to detail is your strong suit – you don’t like lettings things slip, and if they do, you are quick to figure out ways to improve the process to ensure it doesn’t happen the next time
- You are a team player, always looking for ways to improve and willing to pitch in on any project needed
- A strong work ethic is at your core, and you are constantly looking to grow and learn
Your First Month
- Meet the team. Culture is huge at PerkSpot. Take this time to meet the team and learn the ins and outs of the business, as well as gain a better understanding of the HR industry in general.
- Learn our email process, and become a pro at HTML. You’ll soon be leading one of our core email communications, and we’ll have you immediately jump into the process.
- Assist in the creation of our dedicated emails from our discount partners reaching millions of employees.
- Perform A/B tests to help improve our email marketing strategies and processes.
- Analyze data to report on results and recommend additional areas of improvement.
Throughout Your Career Here
- Deliver marketing programs from some of the biggest brands on the planet – we’re talking Spotify, Pandora, McDonald’s, Samsung, Sonos – to develop winning marketing campaigns.
- Develop a deep understanding of what consumer marketing and tactics drive campaign performance.
- Own reporting for individual campaigns, and assist in tracking trends in engagement metrics.
- Stay well versed in new digital marketing trends, pushing the team forward with innovative ideas and the ability to execute them.
- Learn how Fortune 500 companies communicate to their employees and brainstorm new ways to engage with them.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We work out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. When we are in the office, we dress how we like, encourage flexible hours and an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, a generous parental leave policy, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, a private gym, and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
Because we consider every member of our team to be a fundamental part of our success, we encourage everyone to be invested in our success, regardless of their position. We want every one of our employees to think like an owner, by putting in the effort to exceed expectations, solve problems before they come up, and always go the extra mile. It’s this drive to succeed that makes PerkSpot such an interactive and fulfilling place to work.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (we know it is old school, but a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.
Offering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is a priority at PerkSpot. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.