Email Marketing Associate
Avant is revolutionizing the world of lending by lowering the costs and barriers of borrowing for everyday people. At our core, we are a technology company that builds advanced platforms and uses custom analytics. Today, we help underserved consumers, the majority of whom get fast funding on our online platform without having to talk anyone. Tomorrow we plan to use our world class technology and underwriting capabilities to launch new products and bank partnerships that improve people’s financial lives.
As an Email Marketing Associate at Avant you’ll have ownership for our customer lifecycle email programs. We’re looking for a well-rounded email marketer who can operate both at the 10,000 foot level to develop a holistic email marketing strategy, execute campaigns on the ground level, and dig into metrics to continually optimize campaigns.
What you do at Avant:
- Own and manage the development of an overall customer email communications and acquisition strategy for the Avant loan product across customer segments and lifecycle stage
- Actively apply knowledge of best practices, previous campaign performance, and your own creative ideas to improve list growth and list yield
- Build new automated email campaigns end to end, from targeting to QA
- Execute a thoughtful A/B and multivariate testing regimen (subject lines, layout, creative, frequency, segmentation, etc.)
- Track and report on email performance and use to inform further optimizations
- Continuously track and ensure ISP performance for email deliverability, SPAM compliance, and email list management
- Collaborate with legal & compliance to ensure we are growing in a responsible manner
- Partner with various internal teams on how to use Responsys and conducting ad-hoc sends
What you might own at Avant:
- Build & maintain an A/B testing calendar, regularly shipping new tests and reviewing performance of existing tests
- Analyze customer behavioral data to tease out customer segmentation that drives improved yield
- Build out content marketing capabilities to keep “out of market” customers engaged with Avant and top-of-mind
- Create a Marketing communications customer interface
- Partner with our credit card team to build out an email lifecycle program from the ground up
Why you are fit for Avant:
- 2-4 years work experience in Marketing, with at least 2 years of email marketing experience where you were directly responsible for a variety of email programs
- Strong understanding of customer lifecycle marketing, segmentation and testing strategies
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use data and metrics to continually optimize marketing campaigns
- Strong project management chops to juggle among a variety of email campaigns and deliver them on time (and flawlessly!)
- Experience working with Responsys
- Working knowledge and understanding on how to navigate SQL databases
- HTML and basic CSS coding knowledge
- A self-starter - always thinking about how things can be done better and then executing on that vision.
- Naturally detail-oriented; you make sure that all i’s are dotted and t’s crossed
- Familiarity with personal finance topics and strong interest and passion for the “fintech” industry
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.