Email Marketing Specialist at G2
G2.com is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy and manage software and services. More than three million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. The platform has 650,000 reviews, and $100M in total funding through our investment partners: IVP, Accel Partners, LinkedIn, Emergence Capital, Pritzker Group, Chicago Ventures, Hyde Park Ventures, industry leaders and founders.
About The Role
G2 is looking for a motivated, creative Email Marketing Specialist to jump in and contribute to the user outreach team which is responsible for user acquisition as well as the quality and quantity of user-generated content. The role involves improving and growing our email marketing strategy to promote engagement among various user segments and drive new user-generated content. Members of the user outreach team work together as well as with other teams in the company, including product, marketing, and sales, to ensure we have the largest and most trusted collection of users and reviews.
- Manage end-to-end execution of email campaigns and automations, including audience segmentation, email creation, sending, testing, and QA
- Assist in the development and execution of email initiatives, roadmaps, and calendars
- Build and A/B test new email messaging and landing pages to improve campaign performance
- Identify and develop user segmentation and messaging strategies to drive long-term engagement with registered users
- Measure, analyze, and share campaign performance, test results, and other learnings to inform decision-making across the team
- Support ongoing development of transactional emails to improve deliverability and engagement
- Research and implement any new methods/campaigns for user acquisition and user-generated content
- Collaborate with the Outreach Operations team to improve data quality, reporting, and segmentation
- Collaborate with the Targeted Outreach team to refine messaging and content for targeted campaigns
- 2-3 years of experience working in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- Obsessed with detail and testing, triple-checking that all of our emails work perfectly before deployment.
- Comfortable with HTML, CSS, and Adobe Creative Suite - HubSpot and SQL experience a plus.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in writing and in person.
- Think creatively, not afraid to try new things, and always come to the table with new ideas.
- Agile and adaptable to changing circumstances or requirements.
- Can balance working independently with working closely with a small team
- Strive for success in projects small and large
- Experience in software, tech, and/or user-generated content (ideal but not required)
- Bachelor’s degree
Why we love G2
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.