Enterprise Marketing Director at Sprout Social
Sprout Social develops and delivers social media engagement, advocacy and analytics solutions for more than 25,000 leading brands and agencies around the world. We’re relentless about solving hard problems, building elegant software and ensuring customer and team success.
We are looking for an experienced marketing professional to join our growing Chicago-based marketing team and to define the end-to-end marketing strategy for the Enterprise customer segment. Our ideal candidate is a proven leader with extensive experience aligning marketing with sales to ensure demand generations campaigns and ABM programs are synchronized with business priorities, objectives, and goals.
You will lead Enterprise marketing including the planning, development, and execution of all Enterprise marketing initiatives, serving as the marketing expert and strategist for our Enterprise Sales Leadership and team. Additionally, you will collaborate with cross-functional manager teammates to develop compelling, impactful campaigns and ABM programs across multiple channels to successfully engage key accounts and generate pipeline/opportunities for Sales.
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- Minimum of 7 years experience in marketing and managing a product or customer segment from end-to-end
- Experience managing cross-functional initiatives with excellent project management skills
- Previous experience in B2B SaaS
Within 1 month, you will...
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members and understand the value that Sprout delivers to our customers.
- Get acquainted with key partners in Marketing and Sales and learn everyone's roles and responsibilities.
- Meet with your peers and extended team in 1:1s to understand what’s working, what’s not, and gather learnings to implement into your role.
- Start participating in weekly stand-ups and team meetings.
- Get up-to-speed on the enterprise business, funnel, and the key metrics.
Within 3 months, you will...
- Understand our inbound marketing lead generation tactics and outbound sales efforts. Develop familiarity with our mid-funnel sales processes and metrics.
- Know our customers: who they are, why they love us, how we can improve, what makes them tick, and how we can better support them.
- Know our prospects: how people find Sprout, what pain points we solve for, which competitors we need to beat, why we win and lose deals.
- Understand the Enterprise customer: who they are, what they care about, how they differ from our other customers.
- Begin building a framework to grow the global Enterprise business.
- Identify the metrics we need to track, the technical requirements we need to implement, and the campaign tactics we need to execute on.
Within 6 months, you will...
- Be partnering confidently with Sales leadership on Enterprise strategy, with the product team on buyer proposition, and with your marketing counterparts on campaign execution.
- Have implemented an ABM program that ensures we’re going after the right people, at the right accounts, with the right tactics.
- Be measuring success for each campaign throughout the buyer lifecycle.
- Develop a point of view on key learnings and additional areas of opportunity.
- Have laid the foundation to help the team win bigger, more strategic enterprise deals.
Within 12 months, you will...
- Effectively run full-scale campaigns to attract top Enterprise prospects and turn them into satisfied customers.
- Have tested, failed, learned and applied new tactics into our marketing arsenal.
- Be evaluating efforts and making plans to scale our ABM program in 2022.
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change Sprout in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit offerings like our parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best whether you are in an office or working remotely
- State of the art offices in cities where Sprout has physical locations (Chicago and Seattle) for those that prefer an office setting
- Solid programs in some of the staples: medical coverage, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. For those that prefer an office setting, this role may be based in our Chicago or Seattle locations. If you prefer to work from your home, we can accommodate that for many locations across the United States. We are not set up in all states, however, so please take a look at the drop down box in our application. If your state is listed, we're good to move forward. If not, we're not able to hire in your state at this time. If you'd like to stay in touch with us in case that changes in the future, please apply and we'll save your application for possible future consideration.