Event Marketing Manager
About G2 Crowd:
G2.com is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy and manage software and services. More than two million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. The platform has 600,000 reviews, and $100M in total funding by invested by IVP, Accel Partners, LinkedIn, Emergence Capital, Pritzker Group, Chicago Ventures, Hyde Park Ventures, industry leaders and founders. G2’s most recent funding, a $55M Series C, was announced in October. The company’s first acquisition, Siftery, was announced in December 2018 following its Series C funding.
About the Role:As G2’s Event Manager, you will be responsible for creating world class events that engage and inspire business professionals. You will be involved in planning, development, and execution of strategic events to help marketers and sales teams reach their potential with the technology that’s best for their business. This role requires superior organization and communication skills as well as the ability to manage resources and budgets effectively and creatively. The ideal candidate must be a well-rounded marketer who has strong hands-on experience planning and executing events in a fast paced environment.
- Own logistics for G2 conferences from start to finish, including pre-event field enablement, collaboration across multiple teams, project management, onsite event support, registration and other duties
- Collaborate with 3rd Party Agencies, Brand Marketing, Demand Generation, and Leadership on event strategy and execution
- Analyze event operations including tracking budget, establishing success metrics
- Research and report creative event options, off-site venues, and entertainment based on program format and budget
- Manage and support event sponsorships
- 5+ years event experience
- Strong presentation skills a plus
- Experience managing projects to a fixed budget and proven ROI
- Experience managing third-party vendors and contractors
- Proven ability to take direction and input in order to develop effective and engaging branded events that will achieve organizational goals
- Willingness to roll up his/her sleeves to get the work done or go the extra mile. Strong personal work ethic and problem solver
- Flexible personality and quick learner who operates with a sense of urgency
Why we love G2 Crowd
G2 Crowd was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 Crowd is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.