Events Marketing Coordinator at Uptake
What We Do
Uptake is the premier Industrial AI company, providing a predictive analytics SaaS platform that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial customers and partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for every user of Uptake’s industrial applications and enterprise AI and IoT platform. In the end, we help solve our customers hardest problems, help them re-image their businesses in an AI-first world, ultimately capitalizing on the promise of the digital transformation..
What You'll Do
We are looking for an Events Marketing Coordinator at Uptake to help support our Field Marketing and Sales organizations. You will be responsible for identifying, coordinating and executing a worldwide Events strategy across tradeshows, local field events, and customer events. You will partner with the rest of our marketing organization as well as cross functional teams across Sales, Product, Legal, HR, and our Exec team to provide seamless development, deployment, and execution of these programs.
- The ideal candidate is extremely detail-oriented, self-motivated, overly communicative and a team player.
- Support & run day-to-day execution of field marketing programs and campaigns
- Work cohesively with other members of the events team, sales teams and marketing as a whole to plan and execute multiple internal and external events
- Assist with negotiations for space contracts, book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audio/visual equipment, make travel arrangements, order event signs, and ensure appropriate décor to meet the brand standards of Uptake
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to track projects and provide regular status updates
- Write and develop event briefs and project plans
- Deliver demand assets to cross-functional teams, Search, Social, Web, Media
- Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports for each event project, as well, as keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting
- BA or BS, with 2-5 years of equivalent experience.
- Experience in technology/SaaS industry a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and vendors.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision
- Innovate, bring new ideas and provide fresh perspectives on current event processes
- Very detail oriented and deeply organized
- Ability to travel 25-50% of each month
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and build strong relationships within team.
- Being able to rapidly adapt and respond to changing requests/priorities.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills. Highly collaborative work style. Positive, upbeat attitude.
Why Work Here
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.