Experiential Marketing & Events Lead at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings.
The Experiential Marketing and Events Lead is a key player on the Marketing team and helps to bring the Tempus brand to life. Experiential marketing and event programs range in size & scope, from large scale trade shows to physician engagement opportunities to internal corporate events. The Events Team team also manages all sponsorships and should derive ROI for all programming.
As the Experiential Marketing & Events Lead, you will be responsible for the strategy, planning, and execution of event programs in all Tempus markets. This is an ever-changing and fast-paced position that is definitely not confined between the 9am-5pm hours. While our corporate office is in Chicago, IL, we are open to a remote work arrangement for the right candidate.
- Develop and execute an event strategy that reaches target audiences to drive awareness and engagement at trade shows, events and speaking engagements.
- Create wow experiences that develop positive customer relationships, increase customer satisfaction and brand loyalty, and allow customers to feel how thoughtful and smart Tempus is.
- Coordinate with cross-functional leadership to ensure Tempus has the most accurate brand presence through all of Tempus’ various audiences, including oncology providers, life science/biotech professionals, neuro-psychiatrists, researchers and patients.
- Manage all parts of the event and sponsorship planning process, including but not limited to researching potential trade shows, evaluating venues, entertainment, etc and invitation and RSVP processes.
- Handle all aspects of onsite event needs including ordering of event supplies, signage, swag, etc., and coordinate shipping & receiving of such items and onsite execution.
- Analyze success and impact of each event through reporting ROI and lead management.
- Work with and manage a relationship with our production agency
- Manage, coach, and develop an events coordinator who is primarily responsible for event execution.
Job Requirements/ Specifications:
- 7+ years of event planning experience preferred
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail, including an eye for design
- Prior experience in healthcare or biotech is preferred but not required
- Strong organization skills with ability to coordinate multiple activities concurrently
- Ability to collaborate with team on creative projects, from concept to execution
- Demonstrated communication (both verbal and written) and negotiation skills
- Flexibility to respond to changes quickly and thoughtfully
- MS Office Proficiency (Word, Excel and Powerpoint), Salesforce and Adobe Creative Cloud experience preferred
- Travel - on-site coordination and management up to 2 times per quarter (some events may include weekends)