Field Communications Specialist
What Makes Pampered Chef Unique
We aren’t your typical company - we act like owners, seek out learning opportunities, and thrive in an environment of empowerment and accountability. We want the best people who are passionate about driving results and continuing to get better. Our team is guided by our core values and our purpose of enriching lives. We’ve set a clear strategy for growth; we’re focused on driving our reinvention and capitalizing on the numerous opportunities in a growing industry. Our open floor plan and flat organization ensure that you will collaborate across teams and work closely with our leaders. Additionally, we have a unique blend of being a long-term focused, small, agile company backed by the resources of Berkshire Hathaway.
Purpose of the Role
The Field Communications team is in charge of the strategic approach, material development and ongoing counsel and execution of all Home Office owned communications channels focused on Pampered Chef consultants. The team’s key purpose is to maximize the programs, opportunities and moments highlighted in the company’s larger strategic business plan to positively impact field performance and confidence. We accomplish this by driving the development and execution of sales enablement tools, developing engaging fun, compelling messaging and content, and delivering effective field acquisition, engagement and retention programs. This role will have the opportunity to shape our social consultant communities – one of our most powerful communications vehicles to our field – as well as work on projects and programs that directly impact the lives and businesses of our consultants.
- Moderating, cultivating and growing all field-facing social channels
- Compiling editorial calendar for field-facing social channels and creating and managing content on all channels
- Managing communities on all channels – working independently to seek out and provide answers to consultants and elevating issues when appropriate
- Suggesting creative, engaging and impactful ways to use our social platforms to connect with and motivate our consultants
- Crafting compelling positioning and messaging narratives across different consultants – matching the message to the medium
- Managing end-to-end campaign and program execution; ensuring innovative and efficient touch points, activation and implementation
- Managing deliverables and timeline; including copy editing, proofreading and QA
- Generating, compiling and analyzing campaign results regularly; identifying key learnings and actions to take as a result of learnings
- Jumping in to support additional projects in high-volume times
Competencies for Success
- Balance Stakeholders: anticipate and balance the needs of multiple Stakeholders
- Build Networks: effectively builds format and informal relationship networks inside and outside of the organization
- Business Insight: Applying a knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals
- Communicate Effectively: develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Manage Ambiguity: operate effectively even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
- Optimize Work: know the most effective and efficient processes to get things done with a focus on continuous improvement
Measures of Success
- Growth and engagement on consultant social platforms
- Effectiveness of campaigns to motivate consultants, drive sales and support business outcomes
- Ability to launch, manage and deliver creative work on time and in line with the project goals
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree with 1-3 years managing social accounts for brands.
- Ideally agency experience and project management experience. Must has experience supporting and building a group on social media.
More about Pampered Chef
We are a global brand delivering curated, high-quality kitchen solutions through a network of over 40,000 independent consultants and a rapidly growing online business. We began as a Chicago-based start-up in 1980 and today are part of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies. Now we’re leveraging our company’s strong foundation to reinvent our company and our brand for future growth. We’re searching for top talent to help reshape our company to deliver on our purpose of enriching lives one meal and one memory at a time.