Field Marketing Manager
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national chains of retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 89 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,100 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Field Marketing Manager will serve as a liaison between the brand and retail teams responsible for amplifying and activating brand and retail strategies at the street, retail and culture level. This role will be responsible for bringing brands to life and supporting retail initiatives on a local and community level.
You will be responsible for managing the achievements of results directly related to program objectives, goals and metrics. Primary areas of focus are managing consumer engagement activities with dispensary education channels, event production/execution, building relationships with culture and community groups and the coaching of various teams.
The Field Marketing Manager will aim to maximize long-term client relationships with Rise and competitive accounts, become a trusted adviser to retailers and strengthen brand loyalty within the designated region. This role directly supports the brand and retail teams.
Responsibilities - Overall
- Conduct strategic planning of consumer and trade activity to optimize reach for the assigned brands. Research and analyze opportunities in designated territory area(s). Identify best opportunities and use discretionary authority and analysis to propose and schedule activity —provide all rationale and strategy to ensure effective communication.
- Manage and guide Brand Ambassadors to develop opportunities and working relationships with assigned accounts for activations, events and consumer and trade engagement activity on the retail and community levels.
- Collaborate with local sales team and retail partners to drive sales, in-market account planning and activation, and commercial target delivery.
- Build and Manage Retail Education programs regarding RISE, GTI products and overall industry.
- Work closely with Brand Ambassadors to achieve program objectives related to focus, performance and reach.
- Achieve all program goals and metrics as outlined. Leverage available channels to drive market goals.
- Identify areas of opportunity, provide constructive feedback and make recommendations for improvement and growth.
- Ability to interact with a diverse consumer audience, clients and agency personnel.
- Complete regular market visits within the assigned territory. Must be available nights, weekends and during regular business hours for in-market administrative tasks, meetings, field audits, consumer engagement activity, events and training.
- Flexibility and willingness to be available during non-traditional hours is required.
Responsibilities - Event Management/Trade Engagement
- Support marketing division teams with account trainings and trade events.
- Manage POS inventory and maintenance, ensure product is on-site for events, attend and audit events.
- Provide on-site management, oversight and support of employees during all types of consumer engagement activity including audits, training, and coaching.
- Conduct consumer engagement activities as required and scheduled by headquarters.
- Manage the activation of scheduled festivals, tours, and other off-site events; assist with the setup and breakdown of event materials and production elements, including tents.
Responsibilities - Development/Coaching
- Educate trade, brand, and distributor/broker partners on benefits of all GTI brands.
- Understand state laws and activate national brand programming accordingly.
- Lead recruiting efforts, including interviewing and hiring for all local field activation employees.
- Manage, train, coach, supervise, and provide ongoing training to a team of seasonal/part-time employees.
- Ensure program and employee compliance with all agency, GTI-based state guidelines.
- Manage higher management and submit required documentation as requested in a timely manner.
- Make recommendations for next steps associated with the employee development and/or discipline.
Responsibility - Reporting
- Produce and analyze weekly and monthly reports to effectively schedule upcoming consumer engagement activity, activations and events.
- Ensure all territory deliverables/assignments are completed on time and accurately from state managers. Review all paperwork including POS inventory, payroll, time tracking and other assignments prior to submittal. Effective time management and attention to detail is required.
- Capture and record information for daily, weekly and monthly paperwork, calls and meetings including asset reconciliation, consumer insights, data capturing, photos of event activities, receipts, payroll, inventories and other required paperwork.
- Ensure all business-related expenses are reported on time and accurately, including submittal of invoices and receipts, monthly expense reports and purchase order requests.
- Possess basic mathematics skills to manage budgets and balance assigned assets and inventories.
- College degree preferred or equivalent in relevant work experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in a related field marketing role.
- A thorough understanding of consumer and trade marketing brand strategies.
- Knowledge of local on- and off-premise cannabis market, including local laws and statutes.
- Negotiation skills and cold-calling experience, specifically as it relates to events and venue access.
- Strong budget management skills with previous budget management and oversight experience.
- Ability to gain and maintain an in-depth understanding of target consumer and market trends
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Compliance with all standard safety requirements and guidelines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.).
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense, and resourcefulness.
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment.
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking.
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information.
- Strong organization planning & project management skills
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI.
- Ability to travel out of market overnight multiple times throughout the year. Travel up to 30%.
- Must pass any and all required background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age and have a valid Driver's License.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation to transport brand assets & conduct events and audits
- Must have strong knowledge of local market
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.
Read Full Job Description