Freelance Comms & PR Lead at The Mom Project
The Mom Project is seeking a part-time Comms & PR Lead to help us tell our story and connect with our users and communities in new and important ways. We’re looking for someone who can craft engaging narratives from the hard work we’re doing behind the scenes and connect with our users in ways that are sincere and meaningful.
What the job will entail:
• Serve as our PR + Comms point for all news, media press and exposure opportunities for The Mom Project; you will be our single point for managing inbound requests for media and identifying new media/PR opportunities for us
• Extensive writing. You’ll be helping us craft our story in new ways that will span a wide range of topics and audiences, so superb writing and editorial skills are absolute musts
• You will need to serve as a spokesperson for The Mom Project as appropriate and be comfortable with public-speaking, media appearances, etc.
• You will need to pitch journalists, editors, producers, event and conference organizers and the public at large on The Mom Project and how we're changing the workplace for women and mothers
• You will be our liaison for high-profile partners, customers, influencers, policy makers and sponsors and will need to act with strong executive presence
• You will need to develop original media strategies that help amplify large product and commercial initiatives for The Mom Project in new and important ways
• You will help manage PR requests and planning for leaders of The Mom Project
Minimum of 3 years experience leadings comms or PR @ an early-stage, preferably venture-backed startup.
Excellent writing skills
High proficiency and comfort level with social media
Highly comfortable operating in ambiguous environment