Global Brand Strategy Director at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
The Role: The brand team is expanding and we're looking for a Brand Strategist who is a self-starter with at least 15+ years of in-house agency or ad agency experience in brand communications and marketing. Brand lovers who believe in the power of brand, evangelists who can tell stories and inspire others to sing from the same brand song sheet, this person will work closely with the senior brand strategist to create powerful B2B2C programs and initiatives.
First and foremost, the person must be a great simplifier. Our organization will become better communicators of our brand promise with this person boiling vast amounts of information down to simple, insightful reductionist nuggets every day.
This person should also be an evangelist-helping to educate our entire company on the "What, why and how" of an iconic brand. What does a great brand look like, why it has huge impact in driving business results, and how every person, every interaction, every email, every handshake is part of creating our brand.
Required skills: the ability to
- synthesize complex notions quickly
- write clear, single-minded briefs
- work with and inspire creative partners
- drive projects through from start through to completion
- prioritize and work across multiple initiatives
- take an outside-in perspective, i.e., what is happening in the world and how does our brand fit into people's lives
- be a unifier who helps evangelize brand across the organization
- find target audience insights, patterns and trends that are fresh, new
- communicate, write, present in clear and compelling ways
Experience in any of the following is a plus:
- quantitative research, data collection, data analysis
- qualitative research/focus groups, in-depth interviews
- digital engagement strategy, customer journey
- B2B marketing and communications
- enhanced desktop skills (presentations, data collection, social, etc.)
What you get to do in this role:
- Partner with peers in business units (product solutions marketing, employee communications, operations, etc.) to develop customer insights, pain points and strategy and craft them into creative briefs that inspire
- Partner with outside research agencies for insight gathering, campaign testing, and competitive research
- Identify customer stories, customer references, customer insights
- Partner with peers in operations to track brand health and campaign measurements
- Work with peers outside the US to ensure new markets are getting the benefit of brand and the full support for their go-to-market plans
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
• Great people skills, someone who loves to work closely with internal partners to evolve and grow business through consistent, persistent messaging and branding
• A keen "attention to detail" compass across multiple initiatives
• Brilliant listener and absorber of information, someone able to find allies and partners easily within the organization to fill in knowledge gaps and get things done
• Someone who can write an insight-driven brief and is eager to extend that skill into new areas, i.e., brief writing for brand, content creation, social, employee communications, events, etc.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.