Global Marketing Manager
As the Global Marketing Manager you are a brand ambassador, storyteller, influencer and strategic marketer responsible for positioning Leica Biosystems as a leader in advancing cancer diagnostics and improving lives. In this role you will develop and implement global marketing initiatives that promote and differentiate the Leica Biosystems portfolio. The primary focus will be on three key areas, Service, Life Science, and owning Social Media across the portfolio.
We need a branding guide and content strategist who can do the following:
Service and Life Science Marketing
- Develops global marketing plans to help position Service as a revenue generator, working closely with the Service Growth Leader. This includes value proposition, content aligned with the Buyer Journey and the creation of sales enablement materials.
- Collaborates with the Life Science Director to support the execution of global programs including value proposition, content and sales enablement materials.
- Works closely with the Global Campaign team to ensure alignment and integration of Service campaigns and owns the Service and Life Science persona development.
- Develops and implements a Social Media strategy that positions Leica Biosystems as a thought leader. Drives brand awareness and grows followers across all Social Media platforms. Builds community through meaningful engagement and owns the global social media KPIs.
- Drives customer digital understanding – customer behavior, platforms, media, and data to drive personalized content.
- Monitors and analyzes trends relevant to cancer diagnostics and histopathology, competitor’s social media activities and develops a calendar of themes to be owned by Leica Biosystems.
- Strategically curates, contextualizes and produces social media content, ensuring a cohesive and consistent narrative flow and voice across Leica Biosystems’ social media accounts.
- Leverages analytics and commercial insights to inform content strategy; Curates content relevant to personas and buyer journey.
- Educates the larger organization on when and how to leverage social media to ensure maximum business impact. Becomes the “go to” expert for all SU and BU teams and advises on the most appropriate content and usage.
- Owns the social media calendar and develops posts/ blogs that are relevant and adhere to the Leica Biosystems regulatory and legal requirements.
- Partners with digital, branding and regional marketing teams to build best practices on content, distribution, amplification, and influencer marketing.
- Understands the power of visual story telling in social media communications to guide and coach graphic designers.
- Partners with the Manager of Internal/Org communications to support Employee branding initiatives that would leverage social media channels.
Required Education, Experience, Skills
Education: Bachelor’s degree in digital Marketing, Communications, or related field. M.B.A a plus.
- 3 - 5 years marketing, social media/digital and content experience, preferably in regulated healthcare environment.
- Confirmed and hands on experience in developing content for social media channels and leading communication through Social Media channels Track record of developing marketing messages and content.
- The ability to develop value propositions and marketing activities to drive brand awareness and demand generation
- Ability to leverage data creatively and visually.
- Aptitude and use related analytics tools, including but not limited to Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics/Target, Facebook Editor, and social media insight platforms.
Personal Trait Profile
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as professional maturity
- Demonstrated competency in all aspects of developing and driving content marketing strategies and understanding messaging for diverse markets and geographies.
- Ability to learn, understand and comply with FDA, regulatory and legal requirements as it relates to the position.
- Ability to handle a variety of responsibilities simultaneously and set priorities to complete assignments in an efficient, accurate and timely manner.
- Innovates – Shows curiosity (i.e. looks for trends and events in various domains), imagines creative solutions generating business value, promotes team creativity
- Self-starter, highly organized: able to drive and chart the course, regardless of obstacles;
- Team player: collaborates well with internal marketing (product, global, digital) and other stakeholders; able to maintain a focus on impact and accountability;
- Influencer: is not afraid to reach out and get other functions and departments to align on broader goals and processes;
- High energy & positive attitude: adapts to changing direction fast and is able to keep calm and collected in a highly complex and intense environment;
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.