Root’s Growth Marketing team is searching for a Growth Manager to run performance marketing campaigns (apps installs & website traffic) on Facebook. You’ll leverage both your analytical and creative skills to identify, prioritize & reach various audience segments and deliver monthly and quarterly targets while building an enduring brand. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with highly talented leaders within creative, data science, finance, and product teams to help us build a world-class performance marketing team. This is a high impact role and you’ll manage a marketing budget with significant revenue impact to help Root grow our customer base more efficiently and profitably. Facebook & digital video are priority channels for Root in 2021 and this role will be instrumental to build up our expertise and support our growth.
Location: Columbus, OH or Remote
What you'll be doing.
- Own the testing roadmap & financial performance of the Facebook program, defining channel-specific growth strategy in various states and across multiple product lines.
- Lead a cross-functional team of marketing analysts, data scientists, creative, and other support functions to execute the strategy and hit financial targets.
- Collaborate with Facebook, tools & measurement vendors & the larger team to launch, manage, and optimize customer acquisition campaigns, defining and owning metrics that capture marketing channel performance and identifying insightful trends.
- Identify and test new tactics to scale the channel, identifying ways to profitably reach increasingly large customer segments on Facebook.
- Manage assigned vendor relationships by negotiating terms/discounts and securing account support and resources, including industry trends, campaign management, and strategy diagnostics, and creative reports. You’ll leverage these learnings to drive continual improvement in channel performance.
- Collaborate with the marketing leadership team to ensure that channel-specific objectives complement the holistic performance monthly marketing plan.
- Lead cross-functional working groups to drive high impact initiatives that support company-wide strategic goals.
- Build strong relationships with key cross-org stakeholders to help build integrated programs (Brand Marketing, Content Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Partnerships).
What we're looking for.
- 3+ years managing Facebook, YouTube, paid search or programmatic media programs for an ROI-oriented company, either directly or in the role of a marketing service provider or publisher.
- 5+ years managing performance marketing channels with a multi-million dollar annual marketing budget.
- Proven experience rapidly and efficiently scaling marketing spend in a high-growth environment while onboarding new channels and unlocking new customer segments.
- Deep knowledge of online advertising and ad tech space; robust understanding of online advertising best practices.
- Quantitative mindset, ideally with a strong technical background and education.
- Creative eye to be able to brief & gain insights from the creative results, on both display & video formats.
- Strong understanding of customer LTV and segmentation, ideally econometric models.
- Exceptional leadership skills; naturally collaborative, excelling at influencing without direct authority.
- Direct-to-consumer marketing experience in insurance and/or a high growth tech company is a plus.
- Experience with App marketing and specific measurement challenges also a plus.
- Proficiency with SQL, Python, and advanced Excel skills a plus.
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. Very few (if any!) people will fit every description; so if you are passionate about what this role entails, and are excited by solving real problems, we encourage you to apply; we want to learn about you, and what you can add to our team!
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
We’re a venture-backed technology company that recently went public. Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us