Root’s Growth Marketing team is searching for a Growth Manager to run performance marketing campaigns for multiple products across Vertical Search channels. You’ll leverage both your analytical and creative skills to reach various audience segments and deliver monthly and quarterly targets while building an enduring brand. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with highly talented leaders within data science, actuary, finance, and product teams to help us build a world-class performance marketing team. This is a high impact role and you’ll manage a marketing budget with significant revenue impact to help Root grow our customer base more efficiently and profitably.
Location: Columbus, OH or remote (U.S. only)
What You'll Be Doing.
- Own the performance of Vertical Search marketing channels (EverQuote, MediaAlpha, etc) across multiple insurance products, defining channel-specific growth strategy.
- Lead a cross-functional team of marketing analysts, data scientists, creative, and other support functions to execute a strategy and hit financial targets.
- Collaborate with team to launch, manage, and optimize customer acquisition campaigns, defining and owning metrics that capture marketing channel performance and identifying insightful trends.
- Identify new channels to scale while executing new targeting strategies to unlock new customer segments.
- Manage assigned vendor relationships by negotiating terms/discounts and securing account support and resources, including industry trends, campaign management, bid strategy diagnostics, and creative reports. You’ll leverage these learnings to drive continual improvement in channel performance.
- Collaborate with the marketing leadership team to ensure that channel-specific objectives complement the holistic performance monthly marketing plan.
- Lead cross-functional working groups to drive high impact initiatives that support company-wide strategic goals.
- Build strong relationships with key cross-org stakeholders to help build integrated programs (Brand Marketing, Content Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Partnerships).
What We're Looking For.
- 3+ years managing Paid Search, Vertical Search, or lead gen channels for large, performance-oriented digital businesses, either directly or in the role of a marketing service provider.
- 5+ years managing performance marketing channels with a multi-million dollar annual marketing budget.
- Proven experience rapidly and efficiently scaling marketing spend in a high-growth environment while onboarding new channels and unlocking new customer segments.
- Deep knowledge of online advertising and ad tech space; robust understanding of online advertising best practices.
- Quantitative mindset, ideally with a strong technical background and education (degree in a quantitative area such as computer science, applied mathematics, econometrics, or one of the physical sciences a plus).
- In-depth understanding of customer LTV and segmentation.
- Exceptional leadership skills; naturally collaborative, excelling at influencing without direct authority.
- Direct-to-consumer marketing experience in insurance and/or a high growth tech company is a plus.
- Proficiency with SQL, Python, and advanced Excel skills preferred.