THIS IS A REMOTE ELIGIBLE POSITION
BacklotCars, a KAR Global brand, is looking for a Growth Marketing Manager (User Activation + Retention) to join our team. This position will focus on growing our business by optimizing and increasing the percentage of users who fully activate. In addition to activation optimization, the Growth Marketing Manager will also function as an expert in retention metrics. Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, the position will develop a deep understanding of the main drivers for user adoption and loyalty.
- Analyze large amounts of qualitative and quantitative data and work with data analysts to identify key opportunities and areas for optimizations
- Define and hit aggressive targets for driving loyalty, preventing churn and retaining customers
- Monitor and report on campaign progress weekly/monthly/quarterly. Present updates on strategy and results regularly
- Use data to identify areas for improvement in the existing CRM strategy
- Partner with Product and Data teams to construct a testing roadmap based on an ROI framework
- Collaborate with Sales and Product teams to develop messaging, creative and promotions, where appropriate
- Must be willing to travel up to 15%, including some international travel.
The successful candidate must have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of marketing experience
- Experience with designing and executing A/B tests
- Excellent Excel and data analysis skills; ideally familiar with Domo and Mixpanel
- Highly curious, motivated, proactive, and adaptable to a fluid environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Business Analytics, or related field
Preferred skills include:
- Experience with data extraction using SQL
- Interest and ability to focus on innovation and experimental strategies to drive incremental revenue and grow the business
- Knowledge of general user lifecycle KPIs and optimization strategies
- Background in CRM and digital marketing, product marketing or product management at an internet startup (particularly a marketplace) is a plus
Who We Are:
BacklotCars is an online marketplace for auto dealers and is changing the way they buy/sell wholesale vehicles. Through BacklotCars, auto dealers, auto finance, and rental car companies can transact without having to go to physical auctions. Our end-to-end solution is truly seamless for dealers, as BacklotCars provides vehicle inspections, transportation, and inventory finance.
Our mission is to make wholesale easy so dealers can be more successful. The team at BacklotCars includes professionals from both inside and outside the auto industry, which gives us a unique perspective on its problems and innovative solutions. We blend our deep expertise in the auto industry and technology to modernize auto wholesale.
We were founded in Kansas City and graduated from 500 Startups, a prestigious accelerator in Silicon Valley. Since launching, we’ve seen tremendous growth and now help dealers buy and sell thousands of cars each month all across the United States.
We are looking for individuals who share our growth mindset, and who are ready to execute ideas that will change an industry. If you are excited about marketplace growth and next-generation technology, we want to hear from you.