Head of Product Marketing, Data and Research
Morningstar is committed to providing independent investment research and great products that help investors reach their financial goals. Representing the investor’s best interests at all times is a serious responsibility. One way we achieve this is by providing investors and those that support them with the data and research they need to live up to this expectation.
We are looking for an experienced leader to assume global responsibility for the marketing strategy of our data and research solutions. In this role you will have the opportunity to launch multiple significant offerings, create demand strategies, and enhance product positioning. This role dually reports to the head of the business unit and the global head of product marketing.
• Set measurable objectives for marketing programs. Allocate resources and budget appropriately across awareness, demand and partner marketing programs.
• Player-coach in developing marketing plans for multiple geographical regions.
• Manage and coach a growing, high-potential marketing team. Together:
o Collaborate with marketing, product, and sales teams to design, execute, and optimize multi-channel campaigns
o Develop a range of product content from educational pieces to one-page sales ideas to longer form papers that support buyer’s journeys across multiple channels
o Create sales training materials tailored to roles of contributing sales teams
o Enable teams with messaging maps, objection handling, buyer insights and other core product marketing assets.
• Be a trusted voice that shares and demonstrates the impact of marketing to business and sales partners thus securing additional funding as appropriate
• Be an impactful member of both the business unit and marketing leadership teams
• Align with other business units and corporate marketing programs to achieve goals when applicable
• 10+ years successful marketing career with a focus on product marketing and demand generation
• Understands how to translate marketing metrics into opportunities for action
• Confident self-starter with ability to work in matrix organization
• Certifications and/or experience working or managing a team with: Agile practices, Eloqua, Adobe Experience Manager, Tableau, Google Analytics, On24 or equivalent technologies
• MBA or CFA, a plus