Head of Product Marketing at Civis Analytics
What we do
Civis builds technology that brings objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making, from the boardroom to the world’s largest social causes. Our diverse customer base includes the City of Boston, Verizon, Discovery Communications, Biden for America, and dozens of other national and social causes.
We support our customers with a mix of technology and tech-enabled services. We empower our customers’ in-house data science teams with our SaaS data science platform (‘Civis’), and we provide tech-enabled applied data science services to help our customers’ decision-makers solve their hardest problems through their analytics journeys.
We’re a culture of smart, fun, self-starters - where everyone contributes from day one. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
About the role
Civis is hiring a Head of Product Marketing to oversee Civis’s product positioning, messaging, and go-to-market execution in partnership with our sales teams. We have product-market fit right now, but we need an excellent product marketing leader to define our product story and work hand in hand with our business teams to take it to market online.
We’ll expect this person to master the fundamentals (website, sales documentation, case studies) but also to bring creative plans for how we can differentiate our product story in our customer conversations, social media, and in the press. At each step we’ll expect this person to manage their performance with well defined metrics against our sales and marketing goals.
- Product positioning: Define and position our two product lines—the Civis platform and our survey applications—broadly and in our target sectors to ensure the messaging and positioning of our products create competitive advantages and drive demand and adoption of our products.
- Content: Content is King & Queen in quarantine, so we’ll expect this person to write and co-write interesting, compelling content.
- Sales: Identify, develop and manage the creation of our online and offline sales and marketing assets (sheets, website, videos, or presentations) that close deals.
- User stories: Uncover and write up the value-adding customer stories that we can evangelize through our target sectors to improve current customer experience and gain new customers that share those problems.
- Go-to-market partner: Partner with the business teams on demand-generation, outbound, and earned media go-to-market campaigns across our four target sectors (commercial, nonprofit, public sector, political).
- Competitive research: Equip all customer-facing and product roles with competitive intelligence that strengthens their ability to deepen product-market fit.
- Public sector user developer community: Partner with our product team to foster a user developer (data science and engineering) community among our hundreds of users in the government and nonprofit space.
- Be the internal go-to expert: Be the knowledge resource on our buyers and users to serve as the internal expert on where we do and don’t have market opportunity
- 7+ years of product marketing experience for B2B/SaaS products
- Experience positioning products with multiple stakeholders across different industries
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to translate technical concepts into understandable content and stories
- Proven track record of collaboration across product, marketing, and sales teams
- Experience working in the consumer, nonprofit/advocacy, or government sectors
- Formal degree or self-taught engineering or data science skills
- Experience building a product marketing function from the ground up
- Familiarity with the business intelligence/analytics/data science landscape
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, fully paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now fully remote work environment, we also have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (5-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-up where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from home schedules to help employees juggle responsibilities at home.
Civis Analytics embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW