Upwork ($UPWK) is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
As the Head of Product Marketing, you’ll lead a small, agile team with access to key leaders and areas of the business. You’ll work with partners across Upwork to shape new product features and initiatives and ensure we deliver a consistent, customer-centered experience. We’re looking for a strategic leader and customer advocate with experience leading a product marketing team. If you are hungry to define and own product marketing’s role across a growing and dynamic business, this job is for you.
- Lead and mentor an existing team of product marketers as they take on positioning, messaging, insight development and go-to-market work for a range of complex projects
- Grow the team to meet the needs our evolving business to ensure that product marketing can partner on critical projects and drive insights and competitive intelligence
- Be a key thought leader and developer of customer insights to influence product development and represent the voice of the customer internally
- Demonstrate your holistic view of Upwork’s different offerings to craft and optimize the customer lifecycle and ensure it makes sense as we refine and add new services
- Develop and establish cross-functional partnerships with colleagues across product, design, customer support, community, operations, and marketing to enable the team and drive a consistent customer experience
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 10+ years of substantial cross-functional, customer-centric experience in product marketing, business strategy, or general management
- Experience leading a team of high performing product marketers
- Proven success at collaborating with and influencing cross-functional partners
How to really knock our socks off:
- Experience driving a consistent customer experience in a business with different product options
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Background working with marketplaces
- Experience driving user research and demonstrating it to influence across the organization
- Strategist who is comfortable with problem framing and implementing strategic business recommendations
- Upbeat, can-do attitude to tackle whatever challenge is thrown your way
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.