Head of Public Relations (PR) at Clearcover
Our Value Proposition:
Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion-dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well, and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
In this role: The Head of Public Relations (PR) will lead public relations strategies and execute efforts aligned with Clearcover’s vision, mission, goals, and rocketship growth. The Head of PR will work closely with our Senior Executive Leadership and our Marketing teams.
What will you do as the Head of PR?
- Manage and lead our PR agency relationship and/or other PR-related contractors, or potential internal PR team members.
- Increase and maximize Clearcover’s share of voice among our competitors and industry.
- Ensure our communication and PR strategies are aligned with our business strategy.
- Collaborate with internal departments such as Legal, Marketing, Consumer, and People teams to support projects with PR strategies that drive results.
- Work closely with our executive team to drive communication strategies forward.
- Develop and advance our CEO and other senior executive leaders' media strategy and voice through speaking engagements, thought leadership, media interviews, media training, and social media platforms.
- Prioritize media opportunities, coordinating with appropriate resources in organizing and preparing presentations, speeches, talking points, awards and other external media relations materials.
- Lead and manage crisis communications for our organization.
- Share and broaden awareness of PR strategies and results to increase the visibility of PR programs and priorities within the organization, and to key stakeholders.
What do you need as the Head of PR?
- Proven track record of experience with a company that has executed funding announcement(s). You have 10 years+ of experience as a PR leader with a fast-growing company. Experience in fin-tech is a plus.
- Excellent writing skills. You can write press releases, briefs, and media interview answers that are compelling and on-brand.
- Extensive experience working with media, including top-tier national, regional, financial, and trade outlets. You have solid relationships with industry reporters and continue to grow your rolodex.
- Ability to create compelling PR stories, campaigns, and strategies that showcase and amplify a company’s goal and brand. You are a passionate thought-leader that has a history of achieving results and empowering teams to deliver outstanding media coverage.
- A team player who communicates and collaborates effectively. You foster excellent working relationships with stakeholders who support PR.
- Highly organized and quick on your feet. You stay on top of deadlines and work smarter and faster to be included in the story.
- Strong crisis management background. You have experience handling crisis communication and the know-how to handle it internally and externally.
- Built and managed teams. You are a leader that is passionate about empowering a team to drive results.
- A trend and news guru. You know all current events and industry news happening.
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.