Internal Communications Specialist at Rightpoint
Oh, hello there, skilled-writer-who-loves-to-create-and-can-think-strategically-but-wants-an-opportunity-to-make-an-impact! We should talk.
GOSH, WE FEEL LIKE WE KNOW YOU ALREADY
- A silver-tongued (and silver-penned) communicator.
- A lover of deadlines. Like, you heart them so much. And you navigate them with aplomb.
- A chameleon. That's not to say you're not always your genuine authentic self, but you know how to blend the message to resonate with your audience.
- An influencer. You inspire people. The only thing better than your ideas is your ability to get them across.
- Compassionate and empathic. An active listener with the ability to walk a mile in your audience's shoes.
- Prompt in your responses and able to demonstrate urgency as the situation requires.
- Autonomous - you're comfortable setting your own pace and managing your own work. That said, you know when to phone a friend if something requires escalation.
- Impactful - you can think through the steps of a project plan, put one foot in front of the other, get others on board with the journey, and, ultimately, get sh*t done.
- Able to think on your feet, change course quickly and do multiple things at once. Often.
- Equipped with an "ownership" mentality. You take immense pride in your personal brand.
- Not afraid of some hard work. You leave it all on the field. Every. Single. Day.
- Nodding your head as you read each of these descriptions.
THE OPPORTUNITY & THE IMPACT
We are looking for an initiative-taking, creative-thinking, who is interested in communicating and translating our vision as we embark on the next step of our journey.
In particular, this person will:
- Strategically manage and craft internal communications. That means you're whipping up fresh comms from scratch, with a scant handful of ingredients various stakeholders provide to you. You'll work a lot with our CEO and other senior leaders.
- Be owner/steward of our intranet. Not just the content but the experience of it. What can do we do to make it more impactful? Our team members are diverse; the means through which we engage them should be diverse also.
- Ensure we walk the walk (or, talk the talk) internally. We're good at what we do because we employ empathy and change management for our clients and their customers. You help us deliver on these commitments to our team members.
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL:
- Complete the onboarding program that we have for all Rightpointers - learn about Rightpoint itself – the company's history, the departments, our systems and processes, etc. - while gaining a broader understanding about how your role fits into the larger organization.
- Learn our approach to People Potential at Rightpoint, spend time with our team and get to know how we work, while also sharing your own experiences and point of view.
- Acclimate yourself to our three-year vision including the initiatives planned against our primary areas of opportunity.
- Schedule Get To Know You sessions with RP leadership and cultural ambassadors. Learn about our voice and tone, and the key drivers of engagement for our team members.
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Assume ownership of crafting In a Blink update messages with our CEO.
- Commence "Project Impact Descriptions" – liaise between the recruiting team and hiring stakeholders to showcase our personality and frame our open positions in an accessible, relatable format.
- Coordinate our quarterly officewide meeting content. And we're guessing you'll have a point of view on some topics and activities. You'll herd some cats in this regard. But you're good at that. See aforementioned deadlines.
- Formulate a strategy and build out communication campaigns for team member experience initiatives (Diversity Equity & Inclusion, Career Development, Learning and Growth, and acquisition integration).
- Immerse yourself in integration communications – engaging various team member perspectives and leveraging some change management know-how (or learn-how, it's all good).
- Create your WIGs (Wildly Important Goals) plan for the remainder of 2020.
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Design a plan for RP Intranet refresh. Complete with guiding principles, prioritization, and project plan. Fully own and immerse yourself in the project. Some of the things will need to be done yourself, while other things are distributed among other team owners to execute. But, you will be the overall owner and the buck stops with you. Furthermore, there is room to mix things up and change things out. This is an opportunity to flex some creative and project management muscle.
- Monitor and engage with feedback channels (slack, glassdoor, etc). This means interacting with team members to understand what's on their mind and address concerns in a manner that is in keeping with Rightpoint values. We are big on listening, solving issues, and closing loops.
- Liaise with your colleagues within our marketing and growth teams to surface themes and areas of opportunity.
WITHIN NINE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Tackle communications around People Pulse (that's our perennial engagement survey). Help us extract themes, determine the best method to address questions and concerns, implement an action plan.
- As the company grows, there will inevitably be many more campaigns to develop, implement and manage. Partner with the team and the rest of the organization with these initiatives.
- Fully embrace the role of the resident Comms guru that you are!
A BIT ABOUT RIGHTPOINT
Rightpoint, a Genpact company, is the digital consultancy with technology at its core. We design and engineer end-to-end experiences that help our clients succeed at the speed of innovation. Rightpoint serves more than 250 Fortune 1000 companies. We've partnered with brands like 3M, Sanofi, Azek, Chamberlain, Grant Thornton, Six Flags, Johnson Controls, Aon, B&H, and Abbott, just to name a few. Rightpoint has 500 employees across 10 offices. Check out our Sizzle Reel showcasing some of our latest work here. For more information, visit rightpoint.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we're searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Who We Are
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led organization driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We're a start-up at heart and we're able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
- Top Workplace Awards: Chicago Tribune – 5 Years!, Dallas Business Journal, Chicago Timmy Awards, and Crain's Business Detroit
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of "Fastest Growing Companies," 4 Years!
- Best Charitable Organization/Non-Profit Website – Webby Awards
- Top Partners with Microsoft, Sitecore, and EpiServer
- Google Developers Certified Agency – 4 years running!
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- Flexible PTO
- Casual and open office environment
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great insurance coverage and flexible spending accounts
- 401k with Company Matching
- Weekly Snack/Drink delivery
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Cultural and Diversity Spotlights, Happy Hours, Team Outings, Intramural Sports, etc.
- Bi-Weekly Catered Lunches
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you geek out about, we bring people together to make great work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.