Home Chef is building new ways to provide meal solutions that meet a wide variety of customer needs, and shipping locations both online and in store. Our team is a unique mix of creators, chefs, entrepreneurs, and trailblazers and we’re growing quickly. Our customer-first mentality, combined with a zest for supporting our peers, helped us bring home Built in Chicago’s Startup of the Year Moxie award in 2017. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to escalate in the US and around the world, we are committed to keeping our teams and their families as our greatest priority. To that end, we are making some adjustments to the way we will be doing business in the upcoming weeks.
We are taking all the necessary precautions to keep our employees and customers safe, and would love to have you on our team as we can continue to serve our communities.
Home Chef is looking for an Analyst to join our Marketing Team. You’ll help us look at a wide swath of complex data to better understand our performance and help us make critical decisions to continue to offer our customers a great, convenient home cooked experience. If you have a passion for data and are interested in food, marketing, or advertising, this is a great team and role for you.
The ideal candidate will have familiarity working with marketing data and business intelligence (BI) tools, as well as communicating findings to stakeholders. You will serve as a data guide and analytical partner to your colleagues, assisting our brand, acquisition, partnership, and retention teams make important decisions that improve our performance. You must have the ability to translate complex business questions into simple answers that are easily digestible by key stakeholders. You’ll be responsible for parsing through and analyzing disparate data sets to uncover actionable insights to enable the Home Chef to make data driven decisions.
- Develop models and methodologies to monitor business success across multiple facets
- Build out and maintain Business Intelligence (BI) software, data visualization and company reporting
- Drive business experiments and campaign analytics through statistical analysis (A/B testing) to assess marketing strategies across channels
- Examine ad and website conversion analytics to make recommendations to improve customer acquisition efficiency
- Monitor customer actions / responses to augment the customer lifecycle and drive incremental spend
- Lead ad hoc requests and exploratory findings to help drive business decisions
- Provide analytical support for cross-domain projects (operations, culinary, customer support and technology teams)
- Provide guidance, recommendations, and analyses to colleagues through in-person communication and written documentation such as slide decks
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or coursework in statistics, economics, mathematics or other quantitative fields
- 1+ years marketing analysis, web analytics, predictive analytics and modeling or CRM analytics highly preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated experience using MySQL/SQL, Excel / Google Sheets for data analysis and creating data models
- Experience in building, using, and maintaining Business Intelligence (BI) software such as Tableau, Looker, or Microsoft BI
- Ability to draw strong conclusions and advise how to utilize data analyses to drive material business changes
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Incredibly strong attention to detail
- Results oriented: able to quickly execute and get things done
- Experience with Looker
- Experience with Python
- Familiarity with food industry and / or meal kit industry
- Project management experience in food, digital, data, strategic planning, and / or marketing
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
- We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Generous Parental Leave
- Great Work/Life Balance – We value and support each individual team member
- Quarterly company-wide “Town Hall” meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
- Onsite gym
- Weekly Fooda credit
- Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
To view the California Applicant Notice click here