Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Design
In Design Tech, we think comfort zones are the enemy of creativity. A dynamic team of designers, engineers, researchers, our team blends beauty with tech to create a world-class product interface for our exchange. We are inspired by design, fueled by data, and obsessed with the user, both retail and institution.
The Role: Junior Visual Designer
This designer will be focused on marketing and brand design with the ability/option to learn and support product design. This individual will support business goals related to brand building, and brand recognition. They will also contribute to building the Gemini brand and have the ability to creatively express the brand across a variety of mediums.
- Support day-to-day creation of marketing, comms, and sales assets working closely with project leads.
- Support project leads to the develop ad campaigns and design styles for product launches, features updates, and ad campaigns
- Support and explore styles for social channels and support comms with social assets
- Work with marketing to design email and ad campaigns, and content (ex: white papers), and print collateral
- Develop new designs as well as iterate on existing designs for the marketing website
- 1+ years of experience in a similar role and or formal design training
- Proficient in Sketch, Adobe CC, Google Suite, and similar design software
- Experience designing for the web and mobile, and or familiar with web and mobile design standards and systems
- Can execute a predefined design direction, designing specific explorations related to components as well as certain design maintenance activities
- Design fundamentalist knowing the rules, but knows how to bend and break them to create innovative solutions
- Clear understanding of visual hierarchy, balance, rhythm, typography and color
- Ability to problem solve complex concepts with multiple simplistic concepts
- Creative mindset and ability to adapt to change
- Able to accomplish their given work quickly and thoughtfully
- Comfortable juggling multiple projects and tasks at once
- Has a collaborative work ethic and easy going nature
Nice to Haves:
- Interested in designing brand systems
- Interested in exploring iconography, graphic styles, and visual elements
- Interest in experiences across web, digital, print, video/motion
- Interested in working collaboratively with product design teams
- Interested in gaining knowledge of css/html
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.