Lead Business System Analyst – Marketing-1
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
- Interpret client enterprise marketing strategy and translate into operational execution of marketing technology solutions.
- Interface with the business and technology teams to support the design and delivery of medium to large scale integrated marketing solutions.
- Elicit requirements from business stakeholders which are essential to defining capabilities required for executing business strategy.
- Take primary ownership for written requirements specifications, from initial creation, through change management and solution delivery.
- Be the solution wide functional and data subject matter expert on large scope projects.
- Able to assemble, analyze and evaluate data to make appropriate and well-reasoned recommendations and decisions to support the business and project teams.
- Communicate and collaborate with IT application and data architects / SMEs as required for business and IT mapping and creation of roadmaps for implementing technology solutions relevant to executing on specified strategy.
- Lead and drive conversations with technical and business stakeholders to design and validate design against requirements.
- Lead, drive work, mentor, and influence a team of Business Systems Analysts at multiple levels.
- Perform analysis of new data for inclusion in a marketing database, and ad-hoc analysis of data in the database to support the requirements process.
- Elicit objective criteria for solution acceptance and ensure mapping and traceability from desired capabilities through to candidate solution presented for acceptance.
- Assess business objectives and provide accurate estimations of effort
- Be an ongoing solution advocate to ensure enhancements and future development roadmap conforms to solution design and client business objectives.
- Ensure delivery best practices for marketing processes and operations efficiency
Able to quickly develop and maintain relationships within the organization and/or with external partners, and understand the unique needs of each partnership
- Advanced SQL skills – Able to navigate a full database solution including writing queries to aggregate data for deep insights.
- Deep experience in CRM or Loyalty marketing technologies
- Deep experience in batch ETL marketing technology or deep proficiency in Real Time web services
- The ability to create technical documentation (including Visio documentation of overall business solution) required
- Consultative – able to quickly develop rapport and establish credibility that results in trust and respect from business and technical
- Exhibits intense curiosity, to dig beneath the superficial and identify facts
- Excellent drive and initiative, and sense of personal accountability
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills in order to move toward a projects successful completion
- Strong blend of business acumen and technical aptitude
- Skilled with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio
- 7+ years experience with writing detailed requirements specifications for IT solution delivery with a significant database component or database focus – consisting of at least 100 distinct enumerated requirements
- 7+ years experience as a business requirements analyst with full lifecycle software implementations involving large databases
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Agile/Scrum project experience, especially utilizing Jira
- Experience with Advanced Analytics tools such as SAS, R, Python, Spark, H20
- Experience with marketing campaign tools such as IBM Campaign, Adobe Campaign, RedPoint, Momentum, Bonus etc.
- Experience with Business Intelligence/Data Visualization tools such as Tableau, Domo, Business Objects, Cognos
- Domain experience with marketing analytics and financial services
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.